Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:47 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:35 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi guys,

New to the forums, but not to Archos products, I've owned a 605 and a 101 so I decided to try out the Archos 9 since I got a great deal on one.

I just purchased an Archos 9 yesterday and installed windows 8. I have everything working, but the when scrolling thru apps on the start screen and animations when opening or closing apps are choppy. I used the GMA 500 driver from Archos and did the trick where you start to install it using win 7 compatibility mode and then cancel it. I am running at the highest resolution 1024x768 I think. Does anyone else have this problem? Perhaps I need a different driver? Also is anyone using a flashdrive with readyboost to speed up the system?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

bnk999 wrote:
Hi guys,

New to the forums, but not to Archos products, I've owned a 605 and a 101 so I decided to try out the Archos 9 since I got a great deal on one.

I just purchased an Archos 9 yesterday and installed windows 8. I have everything working, but the when scrolling thru apps on the start screen and animations when opening or closing apps are choppy. I used the GMA 500 driver from Archos and did the trick where you start to install it using win 7 compatibility mode and then cancel it. I am running at the highest resolution 1024x768 I think. Does anyone else have this problem? Perhaps I need a different driver? Also is anyone using a flashdrive with readyboost to speed up the system?

k now that final version out, try setting preferences to performance, so turn off all the fancy shadowing and animations, remember our 9's aint most powerful comps, also you have hdd or sad version? the hdd is a very slow rpm.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:44 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Most likely talking about mine right?:
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=57123

Well just get all the touchscreen drivers from the archos webstie(make sure they're the new advanced touch ones)

Install it,just like you would on windows 7.
Then get the video driver from the intel driver website.Then install that in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Restart and you are done. :)

I used the readyboost and it still sucked imo.
It lags like you said at 1024-768.
no hardware acceleration apparently either.No youtube.
Some apps go really slow.Netflix app, doesn't play correctly.
I can't quit the metro apps by touch,I can't reach the corners.I have to use the mouse for that.

Using Windows 7 with OPERA browser and I can play 480P youtube video flawless(720P aswell-doesn't load fast enough for me.)
Chrome lags on 360P badly.
Firefox same thing.Little better
IE 9 same ting.Maybe the new Windows 7 version will do better.

The pages load a lot faster and I can scroll while the page is loading.
Little to no lag on the keyboard and browser.
It's the best browser for this device imo.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm in the process of installing Windows 8 Pro x86 Full Version on my Archos 9. I have a 120gb hard drive and installing to a 15gb partition. Win 8 ask for some 5.6 gb hdd space in order to proceed with install install. I used the Windows USB DVD tool from Microsoft to make the Win8 on USB. Using a USB hub with the usb win 8 drive, keyboard and mouse connected. Hope it works. I was running WinXP because Win7 always gave less battery life. I'll try and post updates later.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

has anyone attempted to put 8.1 on the archos 9?