Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:13 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm needing to restore the image of Win 7 Starter, located on my D: drive. I have, at some point, deleted the Security Center software and need to get it installed, again. I know I did this in the past, but can no longer find the link on this site. Could someone help me to locate the software, so I can do the restore?

It would be appreciated!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:18 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

OK, if I'm taxing everyone's memory on where to get the original imaging software, can someone point me to where I might download a clean image of the Windows 7 Starter from the Archos A9? That would still allow me to do the restore needed. I do have the license sticker on the unit, so it would be legal. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:50 pm 

This is all they have on the Archos support site:
ftp://support.archos.com/Archos%209/

They don't offer a full image, so you might have to contact Archos for a replacement disk if you have the device registered. Not really sure what they can do to help you out, because they can't just supply everyone with a copy of Windows 7.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:20 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

@Harfainx - Thank you for the link, it could be useful in the future! I know I have used a link on this site to download the Security Center software and reinstall it, but I can't find it now. Do you have any idea where that might be obtained? The image I have on the D: drive is just what I need to restore the system, but the Security Center was deleted at some point.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:32 am 

dsim6861 wrote:
@Harfainx - Thank you for the link, it could be useful in the future! I know I have used a link on this site to download the Security Center software and reinstall it, but I can't find it now. Do you have any idea where that might be obtained? The image I have on the D: drive is just what I need to restore the system, but the Security Center was deleted at some point.

Thanks!

i think you will have to go to archos for that, my hhd failed last year and i was never able to retrieve the security software that was included.
roy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:54 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I had a disk fail on one of my Archos, fortunately I have several of them and was able to image the drive from another one through the USB port.
If you happen to personally know anyone else with an Archos 9 that could be an option.