So far I have installed a few programs; Comodo System Cleaner, Google Chrome, MagicDisc, PrimoPDF, Foxit Reader, Microsoft Security Essentials, 7-Zip and Microsoft Office 2003. Altogether, along with Win XP, drivers, etc. it came to 10.4 GB of hard drive space.
Also did a few tweaks: Disable most of the items under ÔÇ£Visual EffectsÔÇØexcept for Show shadows under menus, Smooth edges of screen fonts, Use a background image for each folder type and Use visual styles on windows and buttons. I also set Virtual memory to 3048 MB, both minimum and maximum.
One thing though, I used Speasy.com to check the internet speed on the Archos 9 and was getting about 2.6 Mbps, while my other PCs were getting about 10 Mbps. I ran TCP Optimizer (Download here: http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php
), now IÔÇÖm getting about 16 Mbps on all PCs, including the Archos 9. IÔÇÖm supposed to get up to 18 Mbps, so 16 is not bad at all.
So far, I must say that IÔÇÖm impressed and everything is working just fine. My next step is to partition the HD and change Virtual Memory to a separate partitionÔÇªlet see how that goes.