Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:44 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:06 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

So do i uninstall Security Center Platform or Security Center or do i uninstall both? When i uninstall these the Anytime upgrade should work right?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

You will need to uninstall the HP Security Centre (both). This is the application that you created a system image with. **If you uninstall this application, you will lose the ability to restore the device.** The reason why this will cause the anytime upgrade to fail is because it will not proceed if it detects a 'recovery partition'.

You will need to disable the Microsoft Security Essentials processes in Windows itself using Administrative Tools: System Configuration, Modify boot settings. I am still not sure to this day if it was the root cause of my upgrade issues, as I was not systematic in making changes to my setup because I was growing frustrated with the 3.5hr install/reversions...

When I upgraded, it took approximately 10 minutes for the screen to change from 'verifying key' to 'updating Windows'. There will be three or four system resets, and then percentage progress. You won't know if you are successful until you pass 38%. This is approximately 1.5 hours in. If it is unsuccessful, you will have to wait approximately 2 hours for the system to revert.

Also, you should have updated all your drivers to the latest available from the archos.com site, and you should also have downloaded all required updates through Windows Update.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:51 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I don't know if this would help but when I did the Anytime Upgrade on my A9 I used a USB drive with Win7 set for Home Premium [see this url for reference http://tinyurl.com/msmorz]. I took about a half hour (if that) to complete the process. I wish now that I documented the process but just wanted to get it over and done with at the time.
I wonder if there is a problem with network communications causing the 38% stoppage. Even at that, the Port Replicator might not work because it needs drivers to function.