Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:51 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:19 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

If i use windows anytime update will i need an external mouse and keyboard? because idk if i do it through anytime update if the touch screen will stop working.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:27 am 
Archos User
Archos User

spizznice wrote:
If i use windows anytime update will i need an external mouse and keyboard? because idk if i do it through anytime update if the touch screen will stop working.

The answer is no. Expect it to take 30 minutes and not the 10 minutes described.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:23 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

So its taking longer then 30 mins almost been an hour and a half and its only on "checking for updates"... is this a problem?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:46 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

spizznice wrote:
So its taking longer then 30 mins almost been an hour and a half and its only on "checking for updates"... is this a problem?

Yes, I say there's an issue. The possibilities are that the issue is your connection to the server. Not necessarily your internet but a lost link. You ma have to shut the Archos down and let Windows restart. It should recover just fine and start the updates again. Press the power button until it shuts down, wait a few seconds and restart.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:48 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Papo wrote:
spizznice wrote:

Yes, I say there's an issue. The possibilities are that the issue is your connection to the server. Not necessarily your internet but a lost link. You ma have to shut the Archos down and let Windows restart. It should recover just fine and start the updates again. Press the power button until it shuts down, wait a few seconds and restart.

No it is not an issue, When I upgraded to Ultimate it took more then 2,5 hours.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:03 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ok so it didnt work it stopped at 38%. I read if the happens you have to upgrade all of your drivers, i trie upgrade the touch screen and now it doesnt work, please help.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:57 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

disable and delete all anti virus software.
also security center

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:01 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

spizznice wrote:
ok so it didnt work it stopped at 38%. I read if the happens you have to upgrade all of your drivers, i trie upgrade the touch screen and now it doesnt work, please help.

You should be able to "roll back" the driver. Start > Right-Click Computer > Properties > Device driver. Find and right-click the device > Select properties > Under the Driver select Roll Back Driver.

As for Anytime Upgrade, the more applications you have installed (especially Microsoft software), the longer is going to take to upgrade. Do not worry about the update drivers from Archos, e.g. Touch screen, etc. Those are manufacture drivers and Windows 7 will not look for them on the internet as long as they are working. However, do run Windows Update prior to initiating the anytime upgrade to ensure there are not needed updates.

Once that's done, run the Disk Clean Up and Defrag tools. You'll find them accessories. Look for System Tools.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:49 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ok is it fine if i delete securrity center? if not how do i disable it?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:49 am 
Archos User
Archos User

spizznice wrote:
ok is it fine if i delete securrity center? if not how do i disable it?

The security center has applications needed to get the Archos 9 software back to manufacture's specs. Although there is a walk around to do that without it, the security center makes it easier. My advice to you is not to delete it, at least for a while...unless you'll know for sure you'l keep the Archos 9 for a long time. This way if you feel you want to sell it a couple of months down the road, you'll have the option to sell it with all manufactures specs.

If you do decide to delete it, create an ISO image of your hard drive before deleting it, preferably before installing any additional software. Your best choice is to use Macrium Reflect FREE Edition. It's free and gives the options to backup the image to a variety of media, including DVD discs, network, external had drive and more. See this topic: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=43012