Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 12:53 am

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:34 am 
Offline
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:29 am
Posts: 12
Hello everybody!

I am Filippo, just bought my Archos 9 on Saturday and I am reading all your posts, very interesting and helpful.
My windows (rubbish) starter 7 expired straight after I bought the Archos (probably is been in sale for awhile).
Now I would like to install WIN ULTIMATE (or the best version of win7) on my ARCHOS 9, I read a bit on the internet but what I read is that you need a USB 3GB at least (Got It) but they say that you should AS WELL have the DVD, I don`t have the CD of WIN ULTIMATE, only the USB. Most of the guide that I found were basically for laptop that they have a CD-ROM Drive. I really hope some of you could help me!

Thanks in advance and great job with this forum, is really helpful :)

Filippo


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:41 pm 
Offline
Archos User
Archos User

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 125
Filippo99 wrote:
Hello everybody!
My windows (rubbish) starter 7 expired straight after I bought the Archos (probably is been in sale for awhile).
Now I would like to install WIN ULTIMATE (or the best version of win7) on my ARCHOS 9, I read a bit on the internet but what I read is that you need a USB 3GB at least (Got It) but they say that you should AS WELL have the DVD, I don`t have the CD of WIN ULTIMATE, only the USB. Most of the guide that I found were basically for laptop that they have a CD-ROM Drive. I really hope some of you could help me!
Filippo

You can still activate your Win 7 Starter. Click Start, right click computer and then properties.

To install Win 7 Ultimate you need the Win 7 ISO file and product key. Once you get the ISO file, you can use "Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool" to make your USB Win 7 bootable" You can download the "Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool" from the Microsoft website.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:06 pm 
Offline
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:29 am
Posts: 12
Papo wrote:
Filippo99 wrote:
You can still activate your Win 7 Starter. Click Start, right click computer and then properties.

To install Win 7 Ultimate you need the Win 7 ISO file and product key. Once you get the ISO file, you can use "Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool" to make your USB Win 7 bootable" You can download the "Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool" from the Microsoft website.


I read that Win starter 7 is rubbish, plus is so damn slow! Do you think is "normal" that the shop (Dixons) sold me the Archos 9 with windows 7 starter expired already? (is keep annoying me saying that i have to activate it). I put in an ACTIVATION KEY, it restarts the pc, it takes like 1 hr, is INSTALLING all the updates than at the end tells me that they are not good so is disinstalling them and another hour more waste. How can I do? Do you know HOW to change the ACTIVATION KEY? On Windows Menu I only saw the opportunity to change the PRODUCT KEY.

Thanks a lot!


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:31 pm 
Offline
Archos User
Archos User

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 125
Filippo99 wrote:
(is keep annoying me saying that i have to activate it). I put in an ACTIVATION KEY, it restarts the pc, it takes like 1 hr, is INSTALLING all the updates than at the end tells me that they are not good so is disinstalling them and another hour more waste. How can I do? Do you know HOW to change the ACTIVATION KEY? On Windows Menu I only saw the opportunity to change the PRODUCT KEY.

Thanks a lot!

Mine said the same thing when I got it...that Windows had expired. Not sure why.

As for the updates; the initial update files are quite large, that's why it keeps failing. Try the updates without choosing any of the optional ones...you can always install the optional updates later. You can install them manually, but that too will take a long time to accomplish.

But the best advice I can give you is not to get discouraged. If you need prompt response from me, PM me and I'll send you my email address. I'm in the process of installing a home alarm system, so I'll be busy for a while.

Good luck.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited