Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:43 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: archos 9 on home premium
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:31 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

i recently bought the archos 9 and i looked at every review going and some wee great and the rest were complaing on the speed,

anyway i took the plunge and bought it and was a ittle upset a the speed and how i could not even change the background anyway through time and finding this forum i have tweeked the a9 and bought a good registry cleaner and also a speed boost to top it all off.

but the best thing i did was upgrade it with an external cd drive and i got a brand new pad its alot more responsive theres more of windows that opens up the archos 9 in better ways.

to finish im pleased with the overall run of the archos as i understand its not a tower pc its not a netbook so if you get past all this and see the archos for what it is you will end up using the archos alot more and trust it with more of the everyday tasks. also got a roll out keyboard to speed up emailing.

ive nw taken it off ebay and keeping my archos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi Candisfan,

Excuse my english !!!

I just received my Archos 9 and I just want to know which version of home premiun you bought ?

is it the upgrade or full version ???

and some details on how you make the upgrade without problems because i'm novice

Thank's for answering !!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:45 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Bertro:
You can use ugrade or full version, both works correctly. However in any of both version you have to make the full installation and not the upgrade. When I try to make the upgrade (to keep my drivers and apps) Windows said that it cannot be done, because you cannot upgrade from one version of Windows 7 to another one, except if you use "Anytime Upgrade".
You can installed either versions using the USB pendrive method. After installation is done you will need to installed Intel "Graphic" drivers and "touch" drivers. I also recomend formatting drive c to make a clean installation and remove "Archos Security Console" that makes your A9 slow (formatting option is available during Windows 7 installation)...