Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 5:56 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:11 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Aloha Y'all,

Slowly I'm getting into this PC Tablet. My iPad coming arriving at the same time my A9 has slowed down my A9 experience.

Until today, 7 Sep, I had 4 bluetooth computers: iPad, Dell Inspiron E1705 Laptop, A5A, and A9. At the end of last week my jWIN Stereo Bluetooth Backphones arrived from Amazon USA ($26.49 4 Star Rating):

Today I got in my Bluetooth Mini Kb with Touch Pad by SolidTek from Amazon USA ($76.72 3 Star Rating):

The KB/TP included a BT USB dongle and drivers for WinXP on a CD. I plugged the dongle into my Dell Inspiron 530 running Home Premium SP2. So now I have 5 BT computers.

As the topic titles says "Win7 Starter" and that's what I'll be running for quite a while. When I got my A9 Windows went through a bunch of updates. I installed the recommended drivers from our forum.

The BT headphones required Windows to find, and me to install, a BT driver. Once installed the headphones worked fine. The BT KB/TP works fine w/o any additional drivers. The TP is multitouch for some additional functions.

Summary of Working BT devices on the 5 Computers:
1. Dell Inspiron E1705 Laptop - didn't try because I don't care for BT on it.
2. iPad - Headphones work, Keyboard works, Trackpad doesn't because the iPad does not support a BT mouse unless jailbroken and my iPad at 3.2.2 is not eligible to be jailbroken. Gotta wait for iOS 4.2
3. Dell Inspiron 530 Tower - KB/TP works, don't know about Headphones since I didn't try them because I don't need Headphones on the 530.
4. A5A - Headphones work, haven't been able to pair the KB/TP yet.
5. A9 - Headphones and KB/TP both work.

Next week I get in a new Mac Mini and I'll be trying the BT KB/TP with it. I expect it to work. I don't expect to try the Headphones with the Mac Mini since I'll HDMI attach it to my Sony AV system.

Anyway I very pleased with my recent BT purchases from Amazon USA. Very nice to have a real KP/TP for the A9 and I expect the A9 will see plenty of use with the Headphones. The A5A should as well since the A5A recognizes the BT controls for Volume, Play/Pause and Forward/Back. Which is great in the car as a remote control. I haven't found the BT controls useable with the A9, yet.

Allen

PS: Looks like I should be able to do BT file transfer 'tween the Dell 530 and the A9. I haven't checked it out yet.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:25 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

My Archos 9 Just arrives yesterday from Amazon. No Issues whatsoever!!!It found my Microsoft BT mouse right away, and found the drivers on line for my Jabra Halo headset!! This tablet is awsome. I'll be adding the USB GPS,next week, with Microsoft Streets and Trips 2005.