Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:33 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:49 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi Guys,

I recently installed Tiny 7 on my Archos, which is the greatest performance boost for this device. Unfortunately, it doesn't contain the Windows Tablet PC Features.

Does anyone know, how to install Tablet PC afterwards? The Add / Remove Windows Components doesn't help here.

Appreciate any answer...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:08 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have done the same, just over wrote my Win 7 Home Premium with tiny7. I have everything working, except, the mouse arrow is always visible now. Before, with the beta digitizer driver, the mouse arrow was removed and only showed a small star-like symbol only when the screen was touched. I would like to know how to get that arrow-less function back.

I'm not an expert with Archos 9 yet, but after installing the beta digitizer drivers, I ran the HIDeGalaxyTouch application and clicked Advanced, then changed from "HID Digitizer Mode" to "HID Mouse Mode". That at least enable the touch screen. Try that.

All of the drivers, including the beta are available on the Archos site under downloads. Installed the following drivers (all from the Archos site) in this order after installing Tiny7 rev01:

video
HIDeGalaxy Digitizer beta
Clavier Keyboard

I didn't need to install audio or network, as they were detected and installed by Tiny7 automatically.

I would like to figure how to make the "HID Digitizer Mode" work with the Tiny7 install. That is the only thing preventing the Tiny7 OS from killing all other Win 7 options on the Archos 9. I also found the OS to be faster and better at multitasking.

Anyone else out there running the Tiny7?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:55 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Aloha lackmaster,

Welcome to our forum!

To everyone and anyone. I understand Tiny7 is a hacked version of Win7 Ultimate. So how do you get it?

Allen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:04 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

{Edit}

I was able to teweak my A9 nicely. I am using a free app called "nomousy" to hide my mouse arrow, thus creating a complete touchscreen solution.

I ended up using the most recent video drivers from intel's site for proper Windows detection of pen / touchscreen.

As I have my A9 setup now, it blows the iPad away. Hulu works well fullscreen.

I'm trying out an IE plugin ie7Pro - grab&drag for finger movement of the browser window. I'm not sold on it as it adds other functionality I don't need / want.

Moderator: Deleted URL for questionable SW link, Allen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:51 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Aloha lackmaster,

I had to delete the SW link because I thought it might be an illegal hack of Win7 and we don't allow links to illegal items on the AF forums because of potential lawsuits. We moderators get to look out for our host - Charbax.

Thanks for the thought, though!

Allen