Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:03 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:45 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Wonderful utility, which has greatly increased the usability of my A9.

One minor issue I'm having: the first two functions work smoothly each time for me, but the third -- switching back to the standard view -- seems quirky. Each time, I have to hit the button 3x multiple times before it will revert. There doesn't seem to be any difference in the speed in which I push the button -- it just doesn't always work for me. Anyone else have this issue?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:09 am 
Archos User
Archos User

@Crimson621: make your finger faster, my friend.lol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hey all,

I just wanted to say that this is a great little fix. Something I would like to see added however would be a way to use the mouse buttons to control volume.

what do you guys think? Personally I find that using the touchscreen to control volume can be quite a chore.

Is it even possible?

Thanks again guys for your hard work.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:32 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Couple of notes;

Remove the Touch-It software if you don't need to use it, just takes up extra memory.
Enable Keyboard Short Cut in GMA driver, had my disabled and could not figure why the second push was not turning the screen around! Duh!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Guys n Girls
The Yousendit link to the latest version has expired. :(
Can someone please post a new link?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:33 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

@nervetsgnet: i assumed you guys have already known about that.lol.besides, the hotkeys are enabled by default. did not know why yous got disabled. to me, after using this app for a while, it's a must-have for my A9. :shock:
@anybbody who wanna download the app: pliz use the link in my very first post in this topic. (with 4share.com)
regards

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:14 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

@hullua: I did that to myself.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:09 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

awesome, exactly what I have been looking for.
Thanks a million times. :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:04 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Any chance of getting this app relinked?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:37 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

vrooom wrote:
Any chance of getting this app relinked?

Have a read of the very first post - it's still there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:33 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Nope - I came in at the end of the thread.

Thanks for the pointer!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi Guys,

I'm I really the only one to whom this is file is identified as a Trojan virus??
My Antivirus screams a lot while trying to access it and not alerting about a possible trace of virus but a Trojan as a whole (Crypt.CFI.Gen).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:18 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Swiss wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'm I really the only one to whom this is file is identified as a Trojan virus??
My Antivirus screams a lot while trying to access it and not alerting about a possible trace of virus but a Trojan as a whole (Crypt.CFI.Gen).

What AV are you using ??

I have just downloaded it again, renamed it to OSK.exe and scanned with Ad-Aware and MSE and neither found anything.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:00 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

CBers wrote:
Swiss wrote:
Hi Guys,

What AV are you using ??

I have just downloaded it again, renamed it to OSK.exe and scanned with Ad-Aware and MSE and neither found anything.

Avira...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Great program, I am also having an issue with the 3 click function. Is there any way to show the clicks being registered with the program or is there something else that can be done for it to work?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:07 am 
Archos User
Archos User

@Swiss: the nature of this app. is to monitor the keyboard input and call windows for actions. Some idiot AV software will not be able to distinguish if an app. is clean or not if that app. is monitoring the keyboard. However, I have posted the script in this thread. You can compile it yourself using the well-known auto-hotkey compiler.
@alfredtv: to use my app., you must issue a 3click quick. If you have problems with the speed, you can use my script and increase the number in that scrip to somewhere around 550 or 600. This is to increase the input time of the keyboard to let you have more time to make a 3click action. (However, if you increase this value, the 1click action will get some delay) You can use the auto-hotkey compiler to re-compile the app. again after you have got the proper value best for your hands.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:45 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hallua wrote:
@Swiss: the nature of this app. is to monitor the keyboard input and call windows for actions. Some idiot AV software will not be able to distinguish if an app. is clean or not if that app. is monitoring the keyboard. However, I have posted the script in this thread. You can compile it yourself using the well-known auto-hotkey compiler.
@alfredtv: to use my app., you must issue a 3click quick. If you have problems with the speed, you can use my script and increase the number in that scrip to somewhere around 550 or 600. This is to increase the input time of the keyboard to let you have more time to make a 3click action. (However, if you increase this value, the 1click action will get some delay) You can use the auto-hotkey compiler to re-compile the app. again after you have got the proper value best for your hands.

Hi Hallua, what you say sounds logical. I'm still a bit confused as when that happens, AV apps normally treat the application as a security hazard saying there's a virus trace or an application "listening" as if it was a real Virus. This time my antivirus says directly it's a virus with Full name and identified. That's why I'm a little confused.

BTW gents. Which antivirus are you using in your Archos?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:48 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

hallua wrote:
@goodwyne: The On Screen Keyboard does not exist in "Windows 7 Starter" version. If you wanna see it works. Upgrade your OS to any version but not "Starter". Anyway, you still can use the rotate function of the app.

Aloha Y'all,

I'll probably be resurrecting some old topics since I just got my A9 Friday, 20 Aug 2010. I got the bundled Z515 package from Amazon = $485 for A9, PR, and case. Yesterday I finally finished my initial config of Win7 Starter.

Last night I tried hallua's app. It failed in finding TabTip.exe just like for goodwyne. However unlike what hallua wrote way back in March the On Screen Keyboard is now in my MS updated Win7 Starter Edition in:
    c:windows/system32/osk.exe

I've shot my gadget budget for the month so I'm not going to be upgrading from W7 Starter for a while. So, my question is this: Can I create a TabTip.exe alias to point to osk.exe and get hallua's app working?

Thanks,

Allen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:03 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Hi,

You can, but the OSK won't disapear with the keyboard key. I don't know why ...

Bye

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I had downloaded OSKV2.exe several months ago and it worked just great but somehow I've lost it and none of the links in this thread seem to work any more. Is there any chance someone might upload it again or possibly email it to me? I've been searching for about an hour with not luck and my ability to search is limited due to vision issues. My email is [email protected].

Thanks so much for any assistance.

Ron

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next