Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:49 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:11 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

yeah papo, exactly what i think.
after i installed the ssd instead of the hdd, win7 became more usable, but 1 gig of ram and a processor of 1 ghz are minimum requirements for win7.

for windows xp it sais minimum requirements: ram: 64 mb and processor: at least 233 mhz ; recommended: 128mb ram and above and 300 mhz processor and above

thats why it works like a charm on a9. okay its not that colorful, but therefor you can install themes and so on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:07 am 
Archos User
Archos User

migge wrote:
after i installed the ssd instead of the hdd, win7 became more usable, but 1 gig of ram and a processor of 1 ghz are minimum requirements for win7.

for windows xp it sais minimum requirements: ram: 64 mb and processor: at least 233 mhz ; recommended: 128mb ram and above and 300 mhz processor and above

thats why it works like a charm on a9. okay its not that colorful, but therefor you can install themes and so on.

Good point. I know many users, including me, are looking into installing other OSs, e.g. Ubuntu, Android, etc., mostly because we want better performance. What we fail to realize is that Win XP, especially with SP3, is a very stable OS and can run most Vista and Win 7 applications, and it runs just as fast as Ubuntu.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:35 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

i also installed ubuntu AND windows xp, but im using xp most of the time.
the main reason for installing ubuntu for me was to see if i was able to do so. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:40 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

the archos website bios worked with xp and windows 7 im guessing.
wat about the port replicater ?

cheers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:47 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

plouat wrote:
Driver guide for Archos 9 - Windows XP at 07/02/10
After a night spent looking for appropriate drivers for Archos 9, here my guide for drivers Windows XP.

7. Bluetooth from Broadcom:
http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php[/b]

Hi...! About my experience... The original driver from BROADCOM (WIDCOMM) in XP for me did not work. Though installation resembles normally, Bluetooth does not find any the device. Some days of search have given success. Casually I have found the alternative universal driver. I have tried to establish it and ARCHOS9 in mode Bluetooth and the problem has been COMPLETELY SOLVED.

The driver will find here:
http://bluetoothinstaller.com/

The name:
BluetoothDriverInstaller.exe (1.8Mb, version 1.0.0.72 Beta, released on Sep 4, 2011)

The note:
Identifies devices by hardware IDs. In a site of developer (http://bluetoothinstaller.com) will find the full list supported hardware IDs

ATTENTION:
Does not work with system of 64 bits. Before BluetoothDriverInstaller installation remove old driver of Bluetooth. BluetoothDriverInstaller work in offline - just download and install it !

The additional driver for Bluetooth Enumerator is required to you. Using manual installation, I use standard driver WIDCOMM
(WIDCOMM Bluetooth Driver XP 32bit 5.6.0.6500. The file name BTW_5.6.0.6500.rar)

Have nice day.. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:50 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi guys I had major problems trying to get the wifi to work none of the drivers posted worked for me. I would recommend these tips:

http://www.technize.com/3-ways-to-find- ... n-windows/

http://www.pcidatabase.com/search.php?d ... rch=Search

this is my card: Ralink RT3090 Wireless Lan Card with Bluetooth

http://drivers.downloadatoz.com/news/56 ... vista.html

This download has worked for me and I'm having a huge sigh of relief!

Ps. all the other drivers on this link work! viewtopic.php?f=50&t=30489

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:12 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, I hope that there's no problem posting in this old thread n.n"

It's because I am really mad and hopeless with one thing, I have an Archos9 Tablet, so I downgraded it to WinXP to improve performance and used this guide to install the drivers, but I have a really gross problem that I couldn't fix in the whole week, and its the bluetooth.
I don't know if I am doing something wrong, I install de drivers that came in the utility from Broadcom, and it installs as "Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 3.0+HS", when the specs of Archos9 says that the bluetooth is Version 2.0 (or 2.1 i think), anyway the fact is that no matter which driver I install I can't get it working. I already tried with Generic Drivers, and some DCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, but nothing works.
The drivers that reconogize the device looks like working, but when I make a search for other bluetooth devices It can't find anything (I Tried with a Cellphone and a Wiimote and didn't work), the worst part is that I have a little usb bluetooth dongle that works amazingly right, and reconogizes everything (Cellphone and Wiimote), It's just like the whole counterpart. Whatever, I don't want to use it because it uses the only one usb port that the tablet has.

I think I'm doing everything ok, the bluetooth is turned on, the pc reconogizes it on device manager, the icon shows as Blue and White, but it can't find anything, and BlueSoleil does not reconogize it as a bluetooth device (and it does with the little usb dongle), I don't know if the bluetooth module is damaged or something because it fell down and the touchscreen completely broke (so I opened the tablet and removed it, no more touchscreen).

I hope anyone can help me, sorry for the large story and I say again; I am really mad and hopeless u.u

Thanks, AnKi.