Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:52 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:52 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have recently purchased Archos 2ob Vision. The functions seems fine except that on the user guide it says a converter application for Windows computer is available in the folder "Software" on the ARCHOS but I couldn't find any. I have no idea which video format(s) this video player requires :( so the video function seems to be cut off (for me). So I would apreciate a lot if someone could help me, please :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

i have self promlem.archos 2 ob vision no video player plis software.I have recently purchased Archos 2ob Vision. The functions seems fine except that on the user guide it says a converter application for Windows computer is available in the folder "Software" on the ARCHOS but I couldn't find any. I have no idea which video format(s) this video player requires so the video function seems to be cut off (for me). So I would apreciate a lot if someone could help me, please

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:22 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Recently got the Archos 20b Vision for my girlfriend only to discover that I can't get any of my AVI's to play, just get the warning message that they are the wrong format. No help at all in the instructions or on the Archos website. No list of compatible video formats and even more annoyingly, no software with the player to convert video files which apparently the Archos 2 Vision comes bundled with.
I then assumed that the software would be downloadable from the Archos website... No! Why not?

This player seemed, on paper, to be exactly what my girlfriend needed for her University fieldtrips (music, video, voice recording) but so far is no use at all because after market support from Archos is terrible.

Does anyone have any sugestions? A definitive list of video standards, bit rates, resolutions etc etc that ARE compatible with this player?
I can only assume, from what I have read about user's problems with the Archos 2, that the format must be EXACTLY right for it to play video files and that it doesn't scale them automatically. If so, what the hell are the formats supported?

Does anyone have a copy of the fabled AVI converter program that seems to be bundled with all the other players Archos sell?

I have read on the internet on a different forum that video's need to be rotated over 90 degrees for them to be played in the correct orientation anyway!!!???

Any help with the above greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:54 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

You can find the .avi converter software here:
ftp://support.archos.com/A20B/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:12 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

AhHa, paw_1, thank you so much, you are a genius. How did you know about this?
Worked first time, have converted three videos and all have converted well, good file size reduction and they have played perfectly on the 20b.

This is quite amazing because I phoned the UK Archos technical support on Saturday morning and spoke, of course, to some foreigner. He got quite shirty when I explained that I knew for certain that other models came with the software bundled either on a CD or on the device itself. He said absolutely NOT, Archos don't supply software.
I then explained that I had downloaded the PDF manuals for other models and they quite categorically state that AVI Converter software is included. He simply replied with "No, it doesn't" and "We don't supply software". A typically unhelpful British call center in Bangalore or wherever the hell he was.

It's a bit of a joke that a company can take such little pride in what they make to deliver such shameful after sales service. Not only that but have such crap documentation to go with the units.

Again, thank you for posting this, it was exactly what was required.

Matt.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:11 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello,
I just purchaced the Archos 2ob mp4 player.
Contrary to what I read here in this forum, my device has a »Software« map. In this map I actually found the AVI converter that I could copy to my PC. Converting a High resolution AVI file to the low resolution Archos AVI file works fine! Just check if you have, besides the Video, Photo and Music-Map, also the Software map.
Kind regards
WW

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:22 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

i use bvcsoft archos video converter to convert my videos and musics to my archos.

very great.also support volume normalizer for videos and musics files.
enjoy it!