Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:53 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I just bought an Archos 2 vision the other day, and find it mostly meets my needs -- except for one thing... Why does it insist on playing albums in alphabetical order? I've done a lot of work on my mp3 collection to ensure that my songs all have correct tags, including the track number. But this player ignores that and plays the songs alphabetically. I've traveled through all the menus and can't find any way to change this -- and I'm not relabeling my songs!

This seems like such a basic feature that I can't understand how it cannot be there. I haven't seen others complaining about this on this forum, so perhaps I'm just missing something obvious. Any kind soul able to help me? Or am I just SOL?

Thanks in advance.
FB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:45 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have noticed the same issue. It is really frustrating as I often want to play a lull album "in order" and it won't work.
Can I make playlists?

Or am I too stuck in this alphabet soup???

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:22 am 
Archos Staff
Archos Staff

FibDynamo wrote:
I just bought an Archos 2 vision the other day, and find it mostly meets my needs -- except for one thing... Why does it insist on playing albums in alphabetical order? I've done a lot of work on my mp3 collection to ensure that my songs all have correct tags, including the track number. But this player ignores that and plays the songs alphabetically. I've traveled through all the menus and can't find any way to change this -- and I'm not relabeling my songs!

This seems like such a basic feature that I can't understand how it cannot be there. I haven't seen others complaining about this on this forum, so perhaps I'm just missing something obvious. Any kind soul able to help me? Or am I just SOL?

Thanks in advance.
FB

I assume your tracks are named artist/album/song.mp3? You could rename your songs to be artist/album/number_title.mp3 so that alphabetic order is the same as track order. There are tools that can do that automatically.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:12 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I had this same problem. Whenever I sync'd my music to my 2 Vision from Winamp it would play alphabetically. So I decided, just for the hell of it, to do it manually. Well, I got done doing it, and it somehow fixed everything.

So try doing it manually, like through your file manager, and see how that goes :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:34 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

nz wrote:
I assume your tracks are named artist/album/song.mp3? You could rename your songs to be artist/album/number_title.mp3 so that alphabetic order is the same as track order. There are tools that can do that automatically.

Mine are numbered in that way and it still goes through the alphabet. For instance, one of mine would show 03 - Animals.mp3 then 01 - Burn then 08 - Deeper, so the track numbers within the title do not seem to matter. Am I missing something? Thanks! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:53 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm having the same problem.
I will try to do it manually when I have the energy! Its taken ages just to get a few albums copied and to find they are not in track order is very annoying.
Ho hum.

........ 5 minutes later .. yes really ....

I did it manually and it worked.

Open up my music folder where the CD's have been loaded.
Open up E: in My Computer then drag and drop. I did this with 4 artists folders and it
worked brilliantly.

AND its REALLY QUICK ... ooooooooooooo so excited.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:01 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Assuming the file names start with the track order, running fatsort on the device should make the internal directory order match the alphabetical order.