Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:49 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:42 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Almost 5 years on since release and ppl still come to this section !!! I still have mine and use it daily I have had 2 replacements 1 my fault the other it wouldn't turn on and I have my phone as well!! (which I don't use for mp3's!!)...

Ok it has its niggles, like crashing and no up-to-date firmware or OS

In my opinion its still superior mp3 player and file management on it is second to none..

Its a shame archos abandoned it and moved on to the phone and tablet market and not released revisions and better versions of this great player...I understand phone market is littered, and mp3 is built in on almost all of them and tbh probably wouldn't be a wise financial move to carry on this root.

But tbh honest if Archos would to ever release an 5" mp3 player with the same file management I would definitely buy one...without question

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:09 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Yeah... I have to admit, I'd "jump ship" in a fast second if someone... ANYONE... were producing a "modern" device with the features that this device provided (500GB internal storage, rather than "cloud streaming," for just one example).

The browser is fast becoming obsolete now, and newer browser versions won't install on Android 1.6, so the ability to read web pages is starting to disappear (HTML5 content, FLASH content, etc, etc... and just try opening a page with DISQUS comments sections!). The device won't run stuff like "Plants Versus Zombies"... but it DOES allow me to do everything I want to do, except for "reading the web without any issues."

The day that someone releases a "replacement" for this, with all its advantages and none of the disadvantages... I'll drop it in an instant. It's not like Archos is working hard to gain my future business, is it?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:31 pm 

Cary L. Brown wrote:
if someone... ANYONE... were producing a "modern" device with the features that this device provided (500GB internal storage, rather than "cloud streaming,"

Has anyone tried the new 128gb micro sdcard? I use a 64gb (reformatted to FAT I think), and it works ok if I limit the media scans with a few .nomedia flags.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:18 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Yeah. Still here. Let my battery die and had to reinstall the firmware but I found that Archos no longer has the download for the games and such that came on the tablet. Anybody have them backed up some where? Looking on my disc backups now to see I had saved them somewhere.

Never mind. I figured out how to go through the manage device section on their website.