Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:12 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: TV Out Issue
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:49 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

After using my A5IT as a trusty MP3 player and video player, a need has now arisen for me to connect it to a TV and be able to watch videos through the TV.

I have the Mini Dock and the S-Video cable (the original Composite cable I believe - but may be mistaken).
I thought it would be as easy as connecting the A5IT via the mini-dock S-Video, to a scart socket with S-Video, switching the scart socket to 'input' and I'd be away.

Seems that's not the case.
If I connect the Composite Cable to the mini-dock, then connect the yellow, white and red cable to the scart adapter then plug this into my TV scart socket and select the source, I get nothing. No picture, No Sound.

I have correctly set the Archos to use the correct port/cable.

If I instead use the Composite cable, I get picture, but no sound.
Furthermore the 'Audio Output' setting on my Archos is greyed out, it doesn't allow me to change it.

Am I being stupid in expecting the Mini Dock - to be able to allow me to play videos on the TV?

I've always been under the impression that the mini dock was to allow USB device connection and to play videos on your TV (I assume with audio too).

Is there anything more I could try? (My archos has the latest firmware, the video file itself has sound and plays fine on the Archos itself)

A78

Post subject: Re: TV Out Issue
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:38 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

having same problem, just bought the battery mini dock but i cant watch nothing, tried s-vodeo and the composite and nothing.............

the battery dock has to be charged or with the wall charger on, in order to watch video from the archos to the tv?

mmm i know yur post has months without a reply but hope you see this and tell me if u solved ur problem.

thanks in advance

saludos from juarez, mexico.