Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:22 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:12 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hey all first post here, ive used this site for troubleshooting for over a year now, and i must say its very useful! lots of intelligent and helpful people on here,

anyways i have an issue i cant find any mention of anywhere(maybe im incompetent at searching)

i bought my archos 5 over a year ago from the trunk of someones car, no warranty, its been fantastic for me for more than a year! ive been super careful its never fallen or been hit once, aside from all the black on the back falling off its in great shape,

my issue seems to be software related, my hard drive runs smooth no clicking everythings as it should be, what happens is it will only play one song at a time, i have a playlist and my artist the way it has been for a year, and now when the song end, the bar shows 0:00:00 on both sides and playback stops, the gui becomes super laggy and unresponsive, if i click next song it goes to the next song, but remains at 0:00:00 and remains laggy, however if i hit the back button and select the next song playback starts and all the lag goes away,

i have tried resets and reloading my music, no updates are available,

really strange and its a huge pain in the ass, hopefully someone knows something about this, im stumped i have no idea what to do, sometimes the next song will play, sometimes it works fine for weeks, but recently its been really bad, playback stops after ever 5 songs or less, sometimes every song!

thanks guys!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:42 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

nothing really?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:23 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

This may help with the repeating song problem...Well if you are using the native player, you can check if the music player (SETTINGS) play mode is set to all; with "Repeat & Shuffle" set to normal.

With the other issues, you might try to update both media libraries first. (Look in settings -> Device Storage -> Multimedia Libraries.)

If the updates (Archlib) fail solve the problem, then you may have corrupted media files.

Good luck.