Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:11 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:20 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am looking for a music app/player that will allow adjustable audio speed playback... does anyone know of any? I love using BSPlayer for my CM9 Touchpad and it allows me to speed up an audiobook or podcast in increments of 10%...saves a lot of time!!!!

Im not happy with the stock music player anymore and I dont like the # of tracks limitation per folder etc...
What music player apps are out there that are compatible with our old android 1.6... any recommendations????

I found a few versions that said they were compatible with 1.6....I tried bTunes and it wouldnt load, I tried GoneMAD Music Player and it finally was able to scan the music folder and found my 13,000 tracks... but it locks up, force closes and often distorts the song playing bc it seems it cant load enough of it to RAM or something... I tried changing the cache settings etc and still it sux...

thanks for reading and your help!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:24 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Well, the Audible player for Android is free and does what you want, but you need an Audible account (though it will accept any MOBI file). It also will sometimes crash at start if you start without a valid nework link but with networking turned on... seems to be a programming bug.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:30 am 

audible is very good if your a customer, but if your just wanting to listen to mp3 book then the free mort audiobook player is excellent, the bookmark feature works brilliantly.
there is also another audiobook player i purchased but dont get on very well with as its a lot slower and never seems to group all my files as one book, i cannot also view them as folders so it became a royal pain but you may have better luck with it, look in the market for akimbo if your intrested.
but i cannot highly recomend mort, that player always my chosen player, with presto it also give you varible speed playback ;)
roy