Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:43 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hy,
I have transfered some mp3 to my A5it music folder (/music/artist/album/...)
The stock player sees all the file but I'm not fan of it. I tried many otherplayers from the market, and they don't get all my mp3 files but only a few of then. And none of the one given as demo with my A5it.
Does anybody know why so ?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:25 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Really strange. Depending on the method I choose to transfer the music in my /Music folder the music is detected or not by the stock media player or not. But the file manager always sees the .mp3 files at the correct place (/Music/Artist/Album). Other media player from the market don't see any new file but the first one I transfered, and none of the one that came with my A5it.
Basically, the best results are when I use my PC file manager to transfert to my A5it as USB mass storage.
Really annoying.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:48 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ok after many test, it appears that all audio player (except GoneMAdMusic Player wich scan the folder you can manually indicate) are seeing the same mp3 list but not all files. The Stock Archos reader sees all the files, but has limited functionality. It seems that the audio players rely on a music DataBase google android system makes. I don't understand why some of my mp3 don't get in (I all made them myself from CD, but I may have not used the same mp3 tool for that).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Very odd.
Today I reseted my A5it to factory (dumping all files and apps) then reinstalled what I wanted. I had absolutly no mp3 recognised except by Archos media center. Then I used Meridian that could at least list the files contained in the music folder. It appears that after I played the mp3 with meridian they would appear with other player including those I tested before for no good...
Could it be that forcing meridian to play the .mp3 files make then visible by other players. I decided to have Meridian play all the files.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:27 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

There are two different media indexes... the Archos one and the Android one. Are you updaing both indexes?

Also, the Archos media player supports lots of different encoding formats, but these may not carry over to non-Archos apps... is there anything different about the encoding of those files?