Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:48 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:00 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I recently re-organized my entire media collection and decided it would just be easier to start over fresh on my Archos. I formatted the drive and started to sync files. It syncs fine for (I think) about 1000 files but after that the program (doubletwist) says that it couldn't sync some of the files and the error it gives is "Read/Write Error". Of course I can just keep syncing until I get all my music on there but this has been a problem that has plagued my unit for some time. Is there any known issue with this or is my unit defective? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:50 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I think you have a hard disk based unit, right?

I saw that... it's due to disk overheating. My A5IMT... not my A5it, but the same thing likel applies in both cases. (side note... you may be looking at HD premature failure now, as a result of the overheating... I had to replace mine early. Never let the HD get very hot!)

In my case, I tried to sync everything at once, leaving in unattended. Not a good idea.

Doing small "chunks" at a time is one way to handle this but I just put a fan there to blow on the Archos and I can do large syncs with no problem.

FYI... overheating will also lead to premature battery failure.

Never let your Archos device become hot.