Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:45 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:31 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi
Can anyone help.

I have successfully paired my archos 5 with my car radio but I cannot get it to play. I have had know problem setting up my phone to play on the car radio.

Regards

pvi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:18 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

pvi wrote:
Hi
Can anyone help.

I have successfully paired my archos 5 with my car radio but I cannot get it to play. I have had know problem setting up my phone to play on the car radio.

Regards

pvi

Did you get this figured out? I had experienced a similar situation...check if player is on pause or muted. sometimes you must retry the pairing to get a good connection. My car stereo has Bluetooth but in order to use that feature, I have to buy the BT accessory (sold separately) and install it behind the dashboard.

I got around this by using the AUX jack, connecting the A5 directly to it with a male to male 3.5mm cable.

If no AUX input is available, you could obtain the GPS cradle (Archos car mount) and play music from A5 over car speakers through an available FM channel.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:21 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

pvi wrote:
Hi
Can anyone help.

Regards

pvi

You say that your phone "plays" on your car radio. Plays what? Music? Or just "plays" the phone call through the radio?

All BT radios in cars "pass" phone signals from the phone. That's the simplest BT protocol. Only BT radios with A2DP capability pass music. Does your car BT radio have A2DP capability?

Just a thought.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:55 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I've paired Bluetooth to my Fiat 500 2012 car just yesterday. I purchased the Emcomgear USB adapter for just $10 from Amazon, and within a minute or two was paired. The sound was excellent coming from my Archos 5. The Emcomgear appeared on my Archos 5 paired list as dmzgear and when selected the Archos audio appeared immediately on my Fiat.

ECOMGEAR USB Bluetooth Audio Music Receiver Adapter
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0083D ... 03_s00_i00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:01 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Faust wrote:
I've paired Bluetooth to my Fiat 500 2012 car just yesterday. I purchased the Emcomgear USB adapter for just $10 from Amazon, and within a minute or two was paired. The sound was excellent coming from my Archos 5. The Emcomgear appeared on my Archos 5 paired list as dmzgear and when selected the Archos audio appeared immediately on my Fiat.

ECOMGEAR USB Bluetooth Audio Music Receiver Adapter
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0083D ... 03_s00_i00

That's an excellent price. Also from Amazon, I bought the Samsung Stereo Bluetooth headset HS3000. It has a built-in rechargeable battery that's good for about 6 or 7 hrs. At the time of this writing, it sells for $34, which includes the AC charger, and a pair of earbuds. The included charger uses a standard micro-usb connector (commomly used in many smart phones) for use in the home with AC adapter. Along with my Archos charging cable (standard USB to micro-USB cable), I am able to charge the HS3000 with my generic USB cigarette lighter accessory in the car.

Works great with A5 whiled paired up to the HS3000 for use in my car stereo (via 3.5 millimeter male-to-male cable). I noticed that when I pair the HS3000 with my iPhone (for playing iPod music over the car speakers) I have to shut down the volume in the car stereo when I get an incoming call, so that the caller on the other end doesn't hear the voice delay that gets picked up over the car speakers.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Stereo-Bluetooth-Headset-HS3000/dp/B0057WWK5E/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1345569905&sr=1-1&keywords=hs3000+bluetooth+stereo+headset+kit

Unfortunately, both excess heat (from the sun) and shock/vibration (from the road) can damage or shorten the life of the hard drive in these A5's. For this reason, I rarely use my Archos car mount (windshield).