Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:25 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Delete files
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:15 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have the original Archos 5 and have recently bought the Archos 48. Now on the Archos 5 I was able to delete a video by using the icon in the top right hand corner. This gave me the option to Delete and Rename. I cannot find this on the 48 and ask if anyone knows how to do this.
Thanks
Dave

Post subject: Re: Delete files
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have exactly the same problem as Dave, cannot find a way of deleting a video. Can anybody help us?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

The only way to delete a video file is to do it via the PC. I have contacted a friend and his Archos 48 is exactly the same. This appears to have been yet another oversite by Archos. This is in addition to the battery problem.
Dave.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:18 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have not that problem in my A48IT...... icon on the top right hand corner: - File Management: Rename / Delete.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:02 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

That is what I had on the Archos but it is most certainly not on my 48. I have downloaded the latest firmware in the hope that there was a fix, but no such luck.
Dave

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:32 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

A Question for DaniJem.
How did you get your video files onto the 48? Did you use 'record' or 'copy and paste'. I used 'copy and paste' with all of mine as the videos were either moved from my PC or the Archos 5 and I am now wondering if the file management option is only activated when the direct record option has been used.
Thanks
Dave

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:02 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I conect the Archos to the PC with USB cable and copy and paste the videos.... as any external device.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:44 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for the info. So that rules out my theory. The question is still why no File management in the menu? It's not just my Archos, there are at least 2 others with the same problem. Would'nt it be nice if one of the Forum menbers was a Techie from Archos.
Ah well, back to the drawing board.
Thanks
Dave

Last edited by rras2102 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:13 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

My files were recoded directly from a camcorder, so I don't think the problem lies with the way they were put onto the 48. I will try the PC route.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:03 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

All these posts, and not one of you has yet stated what app you're using, where you're expecting to see this File Management thing in the "top right hand corner"?

Come on, give me something to try on your behalf.

What is the app where you're expecting to do File Management on the video files?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:19 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

what app???
NO app......... I (and We, I suppose) am talking about delete a video of the videos list when you select the menu on top of the screen.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:08 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

DaniJem wrote:
what app???
NO app......... I (and We, I suppose) am talking about delete a video of the videos list when you select the menu on top of the screen.

The screen? What screen? Do you mean the homescreen? At the top right of the homescreen is the "Menu" button, which, when pressed, leads to "settings" etc.

The only place where there would be a list of videos would be inside some video app or other.

How do you get to this videos list? Step by step, after switching on the device.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:14 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks Dave. I deleted my video files easily by connecting to the PC.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:22 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

btw - perhaps a little known fact here.....you do not get all of the menu options available to you until the device has been registered. This includes the ones being mentioned in this thread.....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:46 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

This is mainly for BOUNCER.
I have now found how to get the DELETE in the menu. Here's how.

To allow this option, you must register your device and then download the free pack plug-in from your account. To do this:
Select manage products
Click on the picture of your device
Select ÔÇ£moreÔÇØ located next to the plug-in section
Select ÔÇ£generate plug-inÔÇØ, followed by ÔÇ£download aos fileÔÇØ and follow the instructions provided to install the file.

This does work and for the life of me I cannot understand why we should have to do this but I assure you that it does work. Any problems then give me a shout

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:25 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks rras2102 for this information. I'm new to tablets, and had not downloaded that plugin for my archos 48, and was scratching my head over this deletion of video files. Problem sorted now. Thanks again.

Do you happen to know how to confirm if the HD Cinema plugin (Cinema HiDef) plugin has installed correctly. My Archos 48 seemed to be doing something during what I think was the installation process, but there was no indication of a successful installation...how can I confirm this? I emailed Archos support but did not get a 'proper' answer from them that I could understand, and they ignored my request for clarification. :(

Many thanks

Alan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:49 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi Alan. I have no idea of how to do that but I do have a suggestion that may help. The best person to talk to is The Returns Coordinator at Southampton. His name is Matt Longhurst and he can be contacted by telephone on 02380 711 779. I always found him to be very helpfull.
Dave

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:54 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Discuss wrote:
Thanks rras2102 for this information. I'm new to tablets, and had not downloaded that plugin for my archos 48, and was scratching my head over this deletion of video files. Problem sorted now. Thanks again.

Do you happen to know how to confirm if the HD Cinema plugin (Cinema HiDef) plugin has installed correctly. My Archos 48 seemed to be doing something during what I think was the installation process, but there was no indication of a successful installation...how can I confirm this? I emailed Archos support but did not get a 'proper' answer from them that I could understand, and they ignored my request for clarification. :(

Many thanks

Alan

Go to settings/about then scroll down. under 'plugins' should be a list of all installed plugin's

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:19 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I solved this in a simple way using the info from the other advice on the forum

Archos site log in........manage products........select device (archos 48).......select plug in download on the right of screen (aos)....... download and just save file (don't open).......connect archos via usb.......go to your documents download.......right click file.......send to archos 48 (which should be on the list).......disconnect archos 48.......file should show as ready to install...... install........ file management is installed.

Good luck...hope it works for you as well

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi folks,
that is the way it goes. Go on Archos Register yourself and then your product. After that click on your archos and go to download. There download G7 free plugin and then copy it on your archos. After that click with your fiel manager or archos on this package. After a short installation you are registerd and can copy everything and delete.
What went wrong is the playing of HD Videos. My other Archos which i registeres 2 years ago online has got this video plugin and all HD videos play. I contacted Archos and wait on their reaply. In the plugins which are listed on the archos is the HD video plugin availabke but does not work properly.
Anybody else had this problem already?

macmonroe