Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:42 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:20 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

That's weird, mine still goes to the side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:45 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I just checked mine and the buttons are along the bottom. Of course, I'd never checked this before so have no idea where there were placed in the earlier FW!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:03 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

What a pointless update. They've left in all the problems with the calendar, the unusably slow music player, the wifi security - all these massive problems and only made minor fixes. What's more, the increased the music library but only to 65,000! Why not make it so you can actually have 500 GIB of music, instead of only about 300GiB....?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:46 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

cowon wrote:
What a pointless update. They've left in all the problems with the calendar, the unusably slow music player, the wifi security - all these massive problems and only made minor fixes. What's more, the increased the music library but only to 65,000! Why not make it so you can actually have 500 GIB of music, instead of only about 300GiB....?

I totaly agree with you ! Lets hope that in the next firmware update we will eventually be able to enjoy this machine for the reason it was made for !!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:58 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

cowon wrote:

Try FLAC and you will see. 65 K are enough for the 500 GB model. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:03 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

nz wrote:
Multimedia library: increase maximum number of files indexed to 65000

Now I've loose my patience, the library still CANNOT display double-byte characters, totally USELESS!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:41 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

SvenC wrote:
cowon wrote:

Try FLAC and you will see. 65 K are enough for the 500 GB model. ;)

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Really? Who would have guessed?

I use lossy files on a portable player because there's no other way to fit my music collection on and it doesn't make much difference when I'm on the noisy subway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:51 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

What's the pros and cons of the 2D/3D version?

Why would you choose 3D version when it just uses more battery?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Because some of the apps require 3D-firm, i.e. AURA Navigation and some other apps.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:39 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Is there a list of these apps? I don't think I've ever come across any I'd use on the Archos.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:46 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I think its mostly for if you want to play games on it

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:50 pm 
Archos Staff
Archos Staff

shiang wrote:
nz wrote:
Multimedia library: increase maximum number of files indexed to 65000

Now I've loose my patience, the library still CANNOT display double-byte characters, totally USELESS!!!

it should. can you give more details and maybe some sample files?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:04 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

upgraded to 2.0.45 and the only issue I have (still) is with wifi, I can get to the market and search/update apps, but if there's more than 1.. I have to toggle wifi off and then back on again before any other data will move over wifi. After the update last night I had to toggle wifi a handful of times to get it to let me update all my market apps, let alone play something from youtube..
Everything else seems to still work fine.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:47 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

kyre77 wrote:
upgraded to 2.0.45 and the only issue I have (still) is with wifi, I can get to the market and search/update apps, but if there's more than 1.. I have to toggle wifi off and then back on again before any other data will move over wifi. After the update last night I had to toggle wifi a handful of times to get it to let me update all my market apps, let alone play something from youtube..
Everything else seems to still work fine.

just want you to know that doesnt sound normal.
when using the 2.038 i had downloaded apps from both markets 15 at a time :-) the system Quoed up the downloads and slowly but surely they came in one by one. If i had not noticed that they were being quoed up for FIFO downloading i might have thought it was failing?? i donno.
so mabey it has something to do with your connection type, the security and all that kinda stuff?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:52 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

cowon wrote:

games for sure. any (actual) 3D game (opengl) will have a frame rate that is fully playable. depends on the game of course, but some 3D rendering games are totally unplayable without the 3d software.
if you dont play games, then there really isnt anything else i can think of that trys to do a full 3d rendering.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:52 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

cowon wrote:

The main reason I did it was because that was the only way to edit in your office documents. In 2D you could only read.

Don't ask me the logic of that ... :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:46 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

nz wrote:
shiang wrote:

nz, I have sent you a couple of sample files and images LAST YEAR. Why do we keep repeating this loop?

Here's the specific info of the email (sent to [email protected]), please check your email archive:

Send date: Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 10:09 PM
Subject: Sample MP3 with Chinese Tags (ArcLibrary bug)
Attachments:
1. A5_ArcLibraryScreen.jpg: The photo of the garbled information in ArcLibrary.
2. A5_LanguageSetup.jpg: The language to choose (in Android) if you'd like to reproduce the problem.
3. Test_ChID3.mp3: A short MP3 sample, with Chinese Traditional ID3/ID3v2 values, for your testing.
4. Test_ChID3_Values.jpg: The edit screen of WinAMP, with detailed values of ID3/ID3v2 of the above MP3, for your comparison with the screen in Archos.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:47 am 
Archos User
Archos User

nz wrote:

Dear nz, you are the only one from Archos team who reads this forum, it seems.
There are questions that worry all owners of this wonderful device. We desperately need some information:
1. Does Archos support team work on further FW updates?

2. Does Archos plan to upgrade our device to higher Android versions? Can we expect that 2.2 or 3.0 will appear one day?

3. Does Archos plan to integrate Google applications officially and will Archos Media Center play YouTube video again someday?

4. Are you planning to add possibility to stop Archos Media Player by user? It seems that majority of problems (crashes, re-boots etc) lies in incompatibility between AMC and some Android applications. Meanwhile, system monitor does not show AMC running in background.

5. Are you planning to apply solutions that were used for Archos 8 / 9 generation tablets already to our device? Our device is more powerful in many cases as new devices and it is pity not to use these possibilities.

Your answers would be very much appreciated by all forum community.

Thank you for your continuous support of our device.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:05 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

cowon wrote:
,,. They've left in all the problems with the calendar, the unusably slow music player, the wifi security - all these massive problems and only made minor fixes. ...?

I'm glad they've given us an update as well but cannot argue with the above points. I love the music player but it drives me nuts waiting for it to open or minimize so that I can get to the home screen! Still, short of Archos releasing Froyo for the Gen7's and including the Gen8 media apps, I don't see how they can improve much on them. My dim understanding is that they've grafted their Gen6 aps - which were designed to run on Archos' own flavour of Linux - onto Android in the Gen7 line. Probably very tricky to do much with them. But what do I know (HINT: in this area, not much!).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:38 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Watcher wrote:
nz wrote:

Dear nz, you are the only one from Archos team who reads this forum, it seems.
There are questions that worry all owners of this wonderful device. We desperately need some information:
1. Does Archos support team work on further FW updates?

2. Does Archos plan to upgrade our device to higher Android versions? Can we expect that 2.2 or 3.0 will appear one day?

3. Does Archos plan to integrate Google applications officially and will Archos Media Center play YouTube video again someday?

4. Are you planning to add possibility to stop Archos Media Player by user? It seems that majority of problems (crashes, re-boots etc) lies in incompatibility between AMC and some Android applications. Meanwhile, system monitor does not show AMC running in background.

5. Are you planning to apply solutions that were used for Archos 8 / 9 generation tablets already to our device? Our device is more powerful in many cases as new devices and it is pity not to use these possibilities.

Your answers would be very much appreciated by all forum community.

Thank you for your continuous support of our device.

6. Will you eventually eliminate the awful 65K files media library limit so we can at last make use of the full potential of the device ???? Most people bought the Archos 5/48 500GB because it has the biggest hard disk of all existed portable media players in the market and they want to be able to use their large mp3 collection without any limit !!!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next