Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:24 am

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:01 pm 
Offline
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:36 pm
Posts: 1019
kauftip wrote:
I'll sell mine to you, but you have to take also the Car-mount and the DVR-station.
I read comments not only in this forum, but also on the site of AMAZON.DE, where I bought mine device from. Do not make yourself GOD of Archos-devices and do not blame the others, that they can not work with it. It is as simple to work, as to eat a hamburger. The truth is, that this device has a lot of problems. The dozen of firmwares confirms it. Or AMAZON are selling defect articles?
I have described my problems and they are not caused by me for sure.
As I said before - Ndrive is useless for me, because of the lack of maps for Eastern Europe. I never made the map for Germany, i.e., to work. Everything goes fine and when you start Ndrive - your 7-day trial is over! How could it be over, as I never made it to work till this time?
When does the 7-day period start? From the moment of purchase or from the moment of installing maps? However, there are other perfect working navigations (free of charge) for Android and I do not need Ndrive.
I could return the device, but how could I be sure, that the next one, will not be same?

What did Archos say, when you contacted them, about each of these individual technical problems which you experienced?

YOUR device may have a lot of problems, however "Do not make yourself GOD" over these problems. They are YOUR problems. As I said, I have had no such problems, so they are not universal problems. QED.

Archos will tell you (or maybe they already told you when you reported all your problems to them?) that (most of) the FW updates were designed to improve the device, not just to fix problems. I believe that the large number of FW updates confirms only that Archos is committed to improving its devices for a reasonable period of time.

I had no difficulty in installing the maps for Western Europe on both of the devices on which I installed it. Having read all these threads as they were written, I AM aware that when people had difficulties with the 7 day trial period, and they contacted Archos, Archos support has solved their problem (by phone - by consensus, there's no point in emailling Archos, but they are quoted as responding to phone calls).

Specifically, getting back to the point of this thread, which of your problems were introduced by Firmware Version 2.0.45 / 1.9.34?


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:14 pm 
Offline
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:51 am
Posts: 24
Without any questions after my issues-report to them, Archos decided, that this device has to be returned to them. The only problem is, that I have to pay 100 EUR for delivery to Archos.
It is too much for a 0,500 kg item and the fact is, that there are other users (in my country too) with the very same problems and nothing gives me warranty, that after changing the device, problems will not return.
As I said several times:

FM-radio not working properly - freezes the device. Needs restart!
Sudden loss of libraries (ArcLib) and settings (in alarm clock - ringtones). Needs refresh several times!
Switching off after stand-by - without any reason! Surprise - when you want to check something for 5 seconds, you need all the boot process again.
Force close for some programs - nothing to do!
Sometimes opening File manager is causing SD-card loss! - needs refreshing of libraries!

Do you need more information? Which of my actions are causing freezing of FM-radio and the other things?
I'm not a moron, but very "high-tech" person and I'm far far away from the idea, that I am DUMMIE with such devices.
I confirm it once again - this device has problems with the last firm (previous too). That's why I went back to the previous non-3D firm and the things were pretty stable (except FM-radio and the loss of libraries). After 3D-upgrade (previous 2.0.38) the things are the same as with 2.0.45.
1.9.34 does not solve the issues too, but 2.0.38 seems to be less crappy than 2.0.45.
If I did not need 3D-support for Aura and Sygic, I would stay with 1.9.26.
It's not worthy to bring back the device to Archos and to pay so high price for that (more than a half of the tablet), which is already my problem.
And do not make me too ambitious, to copy all the posts of other people with problems, to understand that I'm not the only one with issues. You should know it better!
And you are a lucky one, one of the few, not to have problems with the device.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:20 pm 
Offline
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:36 pm
Posts: 1019
kauftip wrote:

And you are a lucky one, one of the few, not to have problems with the device.

Now that's the problem. You claim to speak on behalf of ALL Archos users everywhere, except us "...few, not to have problems with the device".

Yet the people who post here are reckoned to be a tiny fraction of the number of people who buy devices. Many Archos purchasers don't even know of the existence of this forum. So how on earth you think you represent almost all Archos users I've no idea.

Ok, I won't ask you to quote all the posts of people who posted problems here, who never resolved their problems, or all the people who did resolve their problems. It's my experience that MOST people who reported problems here have had them resolved, one by one.

However (I promise not to carry on this disagreement, for that's all it is), I don't accept that all of your problems area real / unsolvable, because I and others solved some of them many months ago. Secondly, I don't accept that you speak for the majority of, let alone all, Archos purchasers. And if I don't accept it (and, strangely enough, I'm potentially on your side), then I suggest you have zero chance of getting Archos to do anything about these perceived problems.

If I were you I'd return it, sell the one they send back, and buy something else.

Good luck with whatever you decide.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:42 pm 
Offline
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:51 am
Posts: 24
OK, you are speaking, that you solved your problems! That is new! You admit it, you had problems too. So, I posted mine above. I do not say they are unsolvable, I really want to be solved.
After you read about my issues, what do you suggest to solve them?
I think that the idea of A5IT 32GB (and the other flash-versions) is pretty good and the form factor is more than perfect, but from the software side something is wrong somewhere.
And that's why I wrote, that I become a masochistic, because the device is all that I need, except the errors (Adobe Flash would be nice to have too, but I could still live without it).
And if you are speaking about solving the problems with OpenAOS - no thanks (or installing other OS-stuff)! I never tried it and I don't think I would.
So, let's stop the novels and be more focused! If you could help in solving the issues, pls. be my guest!
What to do next with my device is a matter of another topic. I'm clever enough to see how can I avoid issues, but with others - I have to live.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:43 am 
Offline
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:36 pm
Posts: 440
Location: Orlando, FL USA
mplant1999 wrote:
eddie32818 wrote:
mplant1999 wrote:
The whole unit freezes and I have to reset it when using the music player, so far under these scenarios:

1. After a long period of play, with headphones, and the screen turned off - on pressing the powerbutton the screen lights up and displays but is frozen.
2. I switched to the Home screen and then settings and tried to access the EQ settings at which point the screen froze, as above.

Anyone else seeing these issues?


Yes, point 1, only. AMC will often be unresponsive at the TOUCHSCREEN when it comes out of the screen time-out, only after pressing the power button a few seconds. Music still plays (until the last piece in the folder) but the only option to get control of the device, other than volume button which still works, is to do a hard shut down.

Recalibration of touchscreen had no effect. I am thinking about rolling back to a previous firmware, as this problem with Archos Media Center seemed to come up with 2.0.45.

How did you fix it?


I reset the device to factory (this removed all my market apps, so beware!). The FW was untouched (ie remained at 2.0.45) but the AMC freezing issue is gone. I've even re-installed the Google market apps without it affecting AMC. Note, though, that a number of apps that worked fine before are broken now (K9, Angry Birds, to name two), but nothing that I really cared too much about.

EDIT for clarity


Thanks Mike. I reset mine as well and got the AMC to operate normally, like out of the box, brand new. I think it is running much better since I decided to leave off the app junk that came with it. I re-installed the Applib because I couldn't find the MarketApp that I had on it. All of my original previously installed apps still work. Shouldn't the MarketApp have been in the AppManager folder?

_________________
605wifi 160gb / 5it 500gb


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited