Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:35 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:05 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

cowon wrote:
I use Gmail for Android. I don't want to change client. Is it maybe something to do with not having much space? If I had more space would it start syncing again?

I noticed this on previous versions as well - when the low storage notification appears, sync won't happen.
You need to uninstall some apps...

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:10 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

That's so stupid - why not sync when there's still so much space?

Can I delete "Media Storage"?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:15 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Bug Noticed using 1.9.34

type in the google search widget to locate a website, do the search, go to the site, then click back and the "confirm postdata" message comes up, click on ok and when it is movibg back to the google search page, the process acore force closes.

Not a big pain but its there

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:18 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

What is Media Storage that takes up 20MiB+?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

After update to 2.0.45 the Bluetooth music streaming doesn^t work anymore.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:40 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

cowon wrote:
What is Media Storage that takes up 20MiB+?

If you have a large music collection.. media storage is the database that holds all the information about every song you have

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:17 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Why the hell is it in the app storage then?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:08 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

FWIW, I have found that the previous behavior of the A5IT not finding wireless APs after having been moved to a new location is even worse in the new firmware. Many times I have had to completely reboot the thing for it to find new WAPs. The old work around of disabling wireless and then re-enabling does not seem good enough any more.

Really annoying to have to wait literally minutes to get a new wireless connection just because you go somewhere else.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Could someone upload the 2.0.21 firmware please? The link in the wiki is dead, and I would like to downgrade as my 5IT freezes sever times a day while listening to music. It's bloody annoying.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:49 pm 

kisdubos wrote:
Could someone upload the 2.0.21 firmware please? The link in the wiki is dead, and I would like to downgrade as my 5IT freezes sever times a day while listening to music. It's bloody annoying.

Straight from the Archos site: http://update.archos.com/7/archos5/arch ... rchos5.aos

All you have to do is copy the newest download link and replace the firmware numbers (2.0.45 to 2.0.21) and it will work. They have it that way with most of their firmware.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:53 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Harfainx wrote:
Straight from the Archos site: http://update.archos.com/7/archos5/arch ... rchos5.aos

All you have to do is copy the newest download link and replace the firmware numbers (2.0.45 to 2.0.21) and it will work. They have it that way with most of their firmware.

Thanks! I didn't know this trick.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:01 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Today GEN 8 FW was updated and our device is full of bugs and forgotten! :evil: [-( ](*,) :roll: :-X

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:05 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

A5 IT is "ooo" out of order. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:34 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

mplant1999 wrote:
The whole unit freezes and I have to reset it when using the music player, so far under these scenarios:

1. After a long period of play, with headphones, and the screen turned off - on pressing the powerbutton the screen lights up and displays but is frozen.
2. I switched to the Home screen and then settings and tried to access the EQ settings at which point the screen froze, as above.

Anyone else seeing these issues?

Yes, point 1, only. AMC will often be unresponsive at the TOUCHSCREEN when it comes out of the screen time-out, only after pressing the power button a few seconds. Music still plays (until the last piece in the folder) but the only option to get control of the device, other than volume button which still works, is to do a hard shut down.

Recalibration of touchscreen had no effect. I am thinking about rolling back to a previous firmware, as this problem with Archos Media Center seemed to come up with 2.0.45.

How did you fix it?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:57 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

eddie32818 wrote:
mplant1999 wrote:
The whole unit freezes and I have to reset it when using the music player, so far under these scenarios:

1. After a long period of play, with headphones, and the screen turned off - on pressing the powerbutton the screen lights up and displays but is frozen.
2. I switched to the Home screen and then settings and tried to access the EQ settings at which point the screen froze, as above.

Anyone else seeing these issues?

Yes, point 1, only. AMC will often be unresponsive at the TOUCHSCREEN when it comes out of the screen time-out, only after pressing the power button a few seconds. Music still plays (until the last piece in the folder) but the only option to get control of the device, other than volume button which still works, is to do a hard shut down.

Recalibration of touchscreen had no effect. I am thinking about rolling back to a previous firmware, as this problem with Archos Media Center seemed to come up with 2.0.45.

How did you fix it?

I reset the device to factory (this removed all my market apps, so beware!). The FW was untouched (ie remained at 2.0.45) but the AMC freezing issue is gone. I've even re-installed the Google market apps without it affecting AMC. Note, though, that a number of apps that worked fine before are broken now (K9, Angry Birds, to name two), but nothing that I really cared too much about.

EDIT for clarity

Last edited by mplant1999 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:16 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

My post was deleted yesterday, because of the harsh truth - this device makes me crazy.
Pls. Archos, we are begging you - make one last update and correct all of the described problems. We do not want to buy new internet tablets, we want ours, but 100% functioning.
Correct the most important issues with - not working FM, freezing, loss of libraries, loss of SD-card, etc., etc. I never made to work with the Ndrive. I bought the device and it does not wanted to install maps for Europe, despite it has been working only one day after the purchase - not 7-day trial.

{Edit by Harfainx}
Your post was deleted because of profanity, not because I was trying to censor you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:47 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

kauftip wrote:
My post was deleted yesterday, because of the harsh truth - this device makes me crazy.
Pls. Archos, we are begging you - make one last update and correct all of the described problems. We do not want to buy new internet tablets, we want ours, but 100% functioning.
Correct the most important issues with - not working FM, freezing, loss of libraries, loss of SD-card, etc., etc. I never made to work with the Ndrive. I bought the device and it does not wanted to install maps for Europe, despite it has been working only one day after the purchase - not 7-day trial.

The even harsher truth is that I don't suffer from any of those issues you suffer from. So I can't see Archos responding to your plea.

The FM transmitter works perfectly will all 3 of my A5ITs (soon to be 4), when used with the necessary car kit.
I don't get any freezes.
I've not lost libraries, SD-card etc etc.
NDrive worked perfectly on the 2 devices on which it is installed - incl European maps. But I never use it - I bought Copilot instead, and uninstalled NDrive to save space.

I've used the 2D version of each FW since the 2 versions were first released, so that's currently 1.9.34.

Sorry to hear that you can't get on with your device.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:03 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

It's not about FM Transmitter, but FM-Radio.
After several minutes using the radio, it becomes useless. Finding stations is not working and the device is dead/frozen.
Ndrive never worked with maps, so I uninstalled it and now I'm using Sygic, IGo, Navigon and Aura. Aura needs 3D-firm. 3D-firm is causing all the troubles.
After all, the device is working pretty stable with non-3D firm, but it is supposed to work with 3D, and all the pains, which it is causing, are not necessary.
Without 3D is OK most of the time, but sometimes it loses its libraries. Needs update of the Multimedia Libraries several times.
I'm not the only one with issues. Check the entire forum. And pls. do not make ME guilty about my issues.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:30 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

kauftip wrote:
It's not about FM Transmitter, but FM-Radio.
After several minutes using the radio, it becomes useless. Finding stations is not working and the device is dead/frozen.
Ndrive never worked with maps, so I uninstalled it and now I'm using Sygic, IGo, Navigon and Aura. Aura needs 3D-firm. 3D-firm is causing all the troubles.
After all, the device is working pretty stable with non-3D firm, but it is supposed to work with 3D, and all the pains, which it is causing, are not necessary.
Without 3D is OK most of the time, but sometimes it loses its libraries. Needs update of the Multimedia Libraries several times.
I'm not the only one with issues. Check the entire forum. And pls. do not make ME guilty about my issues.

I don't need to check the entire forum, I read it as it was being written, post by post, issue by issue, and contributed along the way.

You just highlighted an area of confusion, between FM transmission and FM radio. Had you specified your exact problem properly, this further explanation would have been unnecessary. This applies to your other issues too. If you want Archos to respond to a technical problem, you need to specify that problem properly and fully. Otherwise it just becomes a rant about a load of vague problems.

The fact that you personally cannot get NDrive to install / work, whiles others can, suggests the possibility that your problem with it lies with YOU, rather than Archos. This possibility then suggests, in turn, that your other problems might be similarly (partly at least) attributable to you, rather than Archos.

As I said, I've had none of your problems, so I cannot join in with a general plea to Archos to "JUST SORT OUT EVERYTHING WHICH I CAN'T GET TO WORK".

You do have my sympathies though. Having read all these threads over the past 18 months, it's obvious that Archos devices are just not the right devices for some people. I'm just about to buy a fourth device from someone who just cannot get on with it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:52 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'll sell mine to you, but you have to take also the Car-mount and the DVR-station.
I read comments not only in this forum, but also on the site of AMAZON.DE, where I bought mine device from. Do not make yourself GOD of Archos-devices and do not blame the others, that they can not work with it. It is as simple to work, as to eat a hamburger. The truth is, that this device has a lot of problems. The dozen of firmwares confirms it. Or AMAZON are selling defect articles?
I have described my problems and they are not caused by me for sure.
As I said before - Ndrive is useless for me, because of the lack of maps for Eastern Europe. I never made the map for Germany, i.e., to work. Everything goes fine and when you start Ndrive - your 7-day trial is over! How could it be over, as I never made it to work till this time?
When does the 7-day period start? From the moment of purchase or from the moment of installing maps? However, there are other perfect working navigations (free of charge) for Android and I do not need Ndrive.
I could return the device, but how could I be sure, that the next one, will not be same?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next