Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:01 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:55 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi Guys,

I will be selling my Archos 5 IT 16gb soon. Will be getting an Android phone, so I won't have much need for the Archos.
The android market hack is on my A5 and I also used the gmail app . Is there a way I can log out of that before selling, obviously don't want the person to be recieving my emails. I could not find a way to log out. Or do i have to just set the A5 back to factory default settings. I'd like to leave the Android market hack on for the next person if possible, plus everything is running so smoothly including the GPS, that I'd hate to restore it and the A5 have bugs for the new person. Plus, I also think that having the hack already done will add to the value of this little device.

Thanks for any help. This forum has been really useful and loaded with info. I have not had to really post a lot b/c of searching old threads. Who knows, I may end up with an Archos tablet again down the road, with honeycomb and some quad core processor or something.

I bought my A5 IT because I was curious about Android and didn't want to get an Iphone because of Itunes and other limitations. Ironically, 2 days after getting my A5, I got a used iphone 3gs from work for $25. I was right about itunes, hate it and also hated not being able to download and play a bunch of video files. The archos on the other hand is awesome and could do way more. I found my self hardly using my pc. Anyone complaining about problems, just needs to give it time. Anyways, I'll be selling my iphone and A5it and getting an android phone. Just wanted to give archos one last shout out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:19 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

ideas,
dont bother , if they are new to the archos, having 50,000 apps that dont work will only frustrate them, if they know what they are doing, they might not have the same interest as you, so whatever is on it they dont give a crud about.

plus you might want to de-register it, so they have control of the registration, and plug-in $$$ process.

You can always still say it is a possibility to do, and provide explicid instructions on how to accomplish it, or anything else they might wish they knew.
a cleared clean archos is a working archos :-) any new user would have to get up to speed with the basics first, or they would think it was an inoperable piece of junk. some users might just be happy to watch a bit of media on it, and play some tunes. Some will have it changed so quickly that all the work you did will be dissapeared in seconds.

some will be getting an android phone, and realise the phones limitations, and just be happy that it will do what the phone wont :?: :?: :?: :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:09 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

brkr12002 wrote:
The android market hack is on my A5 and I also used the gmail app . Is there a way I can log out of that before selling, obviously don't want the person to be recieving my emails.

Settings>
Applications>
Manage applications

Clear data for gmail and google apps

Next time the Market is started, the "Enter a gmail account" dialogue will be shown, either to you or the new owner.

HTH

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:04 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Cool. Thanks a lot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:07 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Welcome.

:D

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:38 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

a few years later, many many thanks for this tip - it was driving me mad trying to find a menu option for logging out of Google! it's such an easy thing with today's Android, not so trivial with Donut (perhaps I am the only one in the world who still has a Donut machine they use???). thanks again.