Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:58 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:50 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

So I recently just got an Archos 5 Internet Tablet. And at first everything was fine and dandy, then my Archos started messing up. I plugged it in, and a file popped up and the Archos went into recovery automatically. So I decided to try the Format Disk option, it acted like it was going through the process and then it asked me to plug it into my computer. Once I did, the device did not recognize and looped right back to the man Recovery menu. I've tried this on several different PC'S so I know it's not my usb ports. I don't know what else to try when it's not letting me connect to the computer to let me try and format disk. So I'm hoping someone else can shed some light on the subject for me. Do I need to send it back? Or is there a way I can fix it? Please respond asap. If I have to send it back, I need to send it back soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:30 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Have you tried hard boting hold volume down power buttons down at the same time?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:35 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

When I hold the two buttons down, the white screen disappears and goes to a black screen and it just sits there until I have to turn it off again.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:48 am 

right hit the reset button on the bottom first then give it a try.
if it fails, download the full firmware from the archos website.
if memory serves now......

Hold the volume up button and press the power button, hold the volume up until it flikers archos then let go.
you should now have an recovery screen with an number of options.
using the volume buttons go down to update firmware and hit the power button.
it will then ask you to connect the machine to the pc. do this now dont hit anything else.
now copy the firmware over onto the found hard drive root that your pc will find,
now select "done" or what ever it says using your power button.
it will take some time but you should find it will re write your corrupt firmware.

im sorry if i got a step incorrect, i no longer have a working a5a.
roy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:20 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I've done these steps previously, but for the heck of it I did it once more. Again, nothing happened, the device said it was connected, when I confirmed it on the Archos, the device disconnected from my pc, and looped back the the main screen and gave me the options again. I downloaded the firmware and everything, but the main thing is it refuses to connect to any of my pc's.

EDIT: Alright, so on a whim I did this once more, instead I added the firmware file into the Archos manually, which it allowed me to do. Once I confirmed it was connected, it acted as if it was going through, then failed. Saying. Updated failed NOK (code 207).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:47 pm 

Clear your cache and temp files from your computer and download again. It looks like you have a corrupt aos file.
Roy