I've done these steps previously, but for the heck of it I did it once more. Again, nothing happened, the device said it was connected, when I confirmed it on the Archos, the device disconnected from my pc, and looped back the the main screen and gave me the options again. I downloaded the firmware and everything, but the main thing is it refuses to connect to any of my pc's.
EDIT: Alright, so on a whim I did this once more, instead I added the firmware file into the Archos manually, which it allowed me to do. Once I confirmed it was connected, it acted as if it was going through, then failed. Saying. Updated failed NOK (code 207).