Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 4:44 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: calendar sync
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:54 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello everyone,

I've been trying for the past days to synchronize my Archos 5IT (firmware 2.0.38) calendar with my Google Calendar without success, did anyone run into the same problem and found out how to solve it?
More details:
The Google account the Archos connects to uses a shared calendar from another account, and the share mode is read/write. Starting from scratch by "clearing data" in Settings->Applications->Calendar and Calendar Storage, I am able to enter the Calendar application, go to My Calendars, see the name of the shared calendar and enable it.
The problem is that by going to Data Synchronization and manually syncing Calendar (or by enabling Auto-Sync), no information is downloaded from the online Google Calendar, the little status-bar sync icon appears and never dissapears (unless i cancel the sync process from Data Synchronization). The wifi connection is stable, _some_ information is downloaded (as it can See the new calendar's name) but no actual content. It also cannot push events I enter on the Archos to the shared Calendar (although it does work for the account's own Calendar). From the web-based Google Calendar everything works as expected, but I'd like to be able to see events even when I'm not connected to the 'net.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Post subject: Re: calendar sync
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:40 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

The sync works fine for me on 2.028. However, I am using the calendar linked to my google account, not a shared one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:29 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

@butterflygirl: yes, the sync to the regular account works fine, but no dice with the shared one..
I've been looking all over the Internet searching for a solution to this problem, which is quite widespread from what I can see, happening to people using all versions of Android. If I ever find out how to solve it, I'll post here.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:14 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Same problem with me - did you ever fix it? Sometimes I can see a calendar someone shares with me, sometime not.

I can never see my main calendar (which is shared with others).

How the **** do you fix this? My calendar is empty at the moment and won't sync! I've cleared app data multiple times but it's no use!