Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:08 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Activating Ndrive
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Does anyone know how to activate Ndrive. I've tried Google Maps/Navigation and found it very frustrating. I bought my 5IT about a month ago and received the CD for Ndrive, but nothing about Media Club being closed. I've tried to follow the software promps to activate, but of course they don't work. Anyone have a different link or phone number.

Post subject: Re: Activating Ndrive
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:16 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Follow the wiki article at:
http://wiki.archosfans.com/index.php?ti ... GPS_NDrive

I activated mine about a month ago and purchased about 3 weeks ago and had no problem.

Bruce

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Well I went through the two software upgrads and had no problem. When I try to run Ndrive and purchase the license, and put in my credit card info I get an error which says to try another credit card. I have tried everyone I have, and always the same.

When I go to the website, log into my account, I don't see any tab for "product services". There is one for "managing products" which only wants me to register, which I have already done.

I guess i'll call them tomorrow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:16 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

watch doing that, my debit card did the same thing, yet each time it fails still results in an authorization for the amount of ndrive....these won't drop off for a good while, rendering your available funds less than what they should be.

If this what's happening to you, I most definitely recommend using anothing card... some systems just don't like certain cards, e.i. debit & pay cards...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:29 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

TimC wrote:
Well I went through the two software upgrads and had no problem. When I try to run Ndrive and purchase the license, and put in my credit card info I get an error which says to try another credit card. I have tried everyone I have, and always the same.

When I go to the website, log into my account, I don't see any tab for "product services". There is one for "managing products" which only wants me to register, which I have already done.

I guess i'll call them tomorrow

I had the same problem purchasing the GPS license and haven't been able to fix it--I'll be following this post closely. I called tech support today, they transferred me to customer service (because they thought it was a problem with the credit cards I used). I gave my credit card info to customer service and they said the card was fine but it was never shown as being processed by the server. I was reconnected to tech support, they suggested trying a different internet connection (I tried three different connections--didn't solve the problem), I unistalled/reistalled GPS (that didn't work), I reset my A5--that didn't work either. Tech support said that they hadn't heard anything about this problem but that, perhaps, the server was down so I should wait 24 hours and try again--hope you had better luck than me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:28 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Sorry if this advice seems a bit off but, as someone who has both NDrive and Copilot, if I hadn't received NDrive as part of the package, I would choose to buy Copilot only.

It's cheaper and much more sophisticated.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:47 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

sweetypie wrote:
It's cheaper and much more sophisticated.

That sounds like the perfect date!

Michael

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:58 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Cheap and sophisicated - that's me. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:07 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Yeah, OK! ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:36 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Well I called yesterday and got Technical Support, told them I wanted to activate the Ndrive License. The person on the other end just gave me an activation code. Nothing about paying for it. At first I had some trouble because I kept getting a message that the Archos Server has no record of me having a license authorization. So I called back again latter, was on hold for 30 minutes, then told my story. I was told that it must be my credit card, I said no, was put on hold again, during which my cell phone battery died.

I then tried again to enter the activation code and it worked. Why I don't know, but for free I'm not asking.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get a consistent GPS signal. I hear a lot of people can not get a fix at all

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:41 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Also, watch your credit card statements for more than one charge.

If none, you are buying the first round of beers at the first annual meeting of the ASS/ARS Exhibiton 15.5 club! :-D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:49 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

When I test the unit in my house I can't get a fix. When I am in my car and it is in the holder it will acquire in about a minute and stays locked on the entire time.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:04 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

The "wiki" seems not to be working right now...

"MediaWiki internal error.
"Exception caught inside exception handler"

So, I can't seem to figure out just how to do this.

Anyone have any clue as to how to proceed? I'd gladly buy activation if possible, but am open to other paths as well, given the "abandoned" status of this at the present.

Neither Archos nor nDrive seem willing or able to take my money, as I've contacted both.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:41 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Okay, how to get NDrive working...

The trick is to find a means of accessing the Google Store. Because Archos has fullly abandoned this device, and will not support the software you have. You can't purchase a license for the existing version anymore. So, toss that CD which came with your Archos into the bottom of your "spare CDs" drawer... it's useless now.

To get to the Google Store... well... you need to struggle with getting your device registered and recognized on "Google Play." I've managed to do that, but to do it, you have to play some tricks with your date and time settings, among other things. (Without the date/time tweak, you'll get a perpetual "server failed to communicate" error). You'll also have a lot better success using another browser (I have a version of Opera which works nicely).

Once you're on Google Play, you can set up this device, and then you can buy the current version of NDrive, which works perfectly well. Once you're into Google Play, you can just purchase and install the current version of NDrive from there. And if you have the "Google Market" app set up (as I do) you can still do this from Google Market as well.

I'm running NDrive v11.4.06 on three separate Archos devices right now. It's actually quite a nice improvement over the version which shipped with the original unit on that CD.