Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:58 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 615 Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:26 pm 

sweetypie wrote:
What interests me is, how / why this has become enabled? I mean, in a techy sense.

You could suggest that Archos / Google have thought about it, and deliberately enabled it somehow. But it still needs the Market Hack, if not the root hack. So not totally "official"?

thats a good point.... maybe its google then that have changed some sort of internal restrictions to the payed apps.... it seems pretty silly to stop us installing payed for apps - all that does is push people to piracy so that could be the answer.... i dunno.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:06 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

yeah i can now see paid apps in the market after the latest update. i cant see everything that i purchased on my nexus one. some games which were android 2.0 and above.

co pilot 8 needs another key :(

you can transfer keys but have to deactivate it on the first device

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:11 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

chairmanmeow wrote:
yeah i can now see paid apps in the market after the latest update. i cant see everything that i purchased on my nexus one. some games which were android 2.0 and above.

co pilot 8 needs another key :(

you can transfer keys but have to deactivate it on the first device

??

I just ran Copilot as usual. I checked the licensing - no change. What other device, I don't understand?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:21 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I keep getting an appsLibrary force close. Never happened before. Is this a known issue?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:25 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

If you're referring to the Archos market, there are several threads on this crashing recently.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:29 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

SheilaHoff wrote:
I keep getting an appsLibrary force close. Never happened before. Is this a known issue?

It is now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:35 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

SheilaHoff wrote:

Ditto (I'll check the posts about this....just wanted to post that I've this same issue...in case anyone is counting)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

don't seem to have a paid app tab in market, but if i got a name to search with i can find it and load it. also it found some music I'd got off amazon the other day but had refused to load into albums, cover, etc.

My default on screen keyboard seemed to be flakier than it was. better keyboard doesn't seem to have that problem.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:01 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Not so.I have yet to root my devices nor haven't. Had any luck with adb n have all my pay apps after upgrade

sweetypie wrote:
What interests me is, how / why this has become enabled? I mean, in a techy sense.

You could suggest that Archos / Google have thought about it, and deliberately enabled it somehow. But it still needs the Market Hack, if not the root hack. So not totally "official"?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:24 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

This version seems to work much better with the GPS. I can definitely say it locks fast. I tethered my phone blue tooth and tried out the Google Navigation. It seems to track position well in my small tests. The voice prompting does not seem to work.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:31 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Quote:
Tethering: re-enable user/password functionality

Is this a quiet acknowledgment that they broke it? :roll: Because user/pass was never disabled in the menu?!
For the first time after 1.7.33 I can manage to tether my SonyErricsson P1i to A5A.
I say manage because I have found the way it works but it mostly doesn't. :evil:

This is the way it works for me. BT must be off before I begin. Then I turn on BT, wait until the BT light is on (PowerBar wiget)
Then I press the tether button and it doesn't fade out for a short time like it should when it's pressed. But still 20-25sec later I get a tether has failed message. Then I press the tether button again, this time it fades out like it should and it tethers!!! =D> If i later turn off tethering without turning off BT it will not tether again until i repeat the whole procedure.
Also if I turn off BT while it's tethered it doesn't turn off the tether symbol on the statusbar and the tether light on the wiget.
Killing BT turned off tethering up until this FW, which is quite logical :lol:

Hopefully this report will help somebody else, and help Archos fix it so it works every time like in the god old days (1.7.33 and before).

Just to add, paid apps appeared in Market, I have never rooted my A5A.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:51 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

ickster wrote:
SheilaHoff wrote:
Ditto (I'll check the posts about this....just wanted to post that I've this same issue...in case anyone is counting)

Latest is that it appears to be fixed.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=32723

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:08 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Neat. Just bought Better Keyboard from the market, enabled it, and immediately got a reboot.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:33 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Since Hebrew is now supported, does anybody know if Arabic is also supported? (I do not have the device but I am planning to buy one. I currently have the Archos 7 which supports Arabic).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:12 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I skimmed through this thread to see if anyone had already mentioned it, but didn't see anything.

I've noticed a few bugs in the music player, mostly just involving FLAC files. Whenever I select a FLAC file from my music list it will bring me to the play screen, but the song will be fast forwarding on its own. To fix it all I have to do is click at the beginning of the time bar, and it will play from where I click. It also won't let me skip through the tracks. It shows it as if the tracks are being changed, but no matter what it says the title is it will always be the song I originally selected from the list, unitl I go back to the list and select a new song and click on the time bar to stop it from fast forwarding. This only happens with FLAC files, MP3 seems to work fine, but nearly half of my collection is FLAC, so it is a big issue for me.

Another thing I noticed was an overall reluctance to return to the home screen, it has happened while doing several things, but it seems to be worst from the music or video screens. The system freezes up when I try to get back to the home screen.

I've had it happen to me twice so far that when listening to music if I hit the home screen it will lag a bit, then bring me to the FM radio, which will freeze while continuing to play static.

Lastly, I've noticed very poor battery life. I used the device for maybe 45 minutes, probably less, from a complete charge, and the battery was over half drained. It has now been charging for over two hours and is still not full. I just got my Archos 5 two days ago, so I'm not sure if this is something that always happens, or if it is caused by the new firmware, or if mine is defective. I've been watching videos, listening to music, and occasionally browsing the internet (almost always turning the wifi off when I'm not using it to see if it saves power).

Is anyone else experiencing any of these issues?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:19 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

what the :p

What a great patch and I hope not the last after the upgrade to 17.99; IÔÇÖve always tried to get my paid app from my G1 to my A5A guess what Appbrain down loaded everything over to my A5A

wiecho =P~

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:21 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Yeah mine has the battery issue too...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:47 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

I removed and reinstated the market apk and I still can't see the paid tab. I see some paid apps, but not as many as I can see on my Droid. This is not worth a reinitialization for me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:06 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

It goes into Standby (Or whatever it is called) during Youtube videos, videos on the HDD seem to be fine.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:32 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Taters343 wrote:
Whenever I select a FLAC file from my music list it will bring me to the play screen, but the song will be fast forwarding on its own. To fix it all I have to do is click at the beginning of the time bar, and it will play from where I click.

I have had that problem ever since I got the A5A, although it doesn't happen all the time or on any consistent set of songs. It seems to have diminished somewhat in regularity on recent firmwares (although I haven't yet loaded up 1.7.99).

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 615 Next