Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:57 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://archosfans.com/2010/02/24/texas- ... ress-2010/

Ameet Suri, Strategic Marketing Manager at Texas Instruments, explains some of how Texas Instruments is working with Archos on powering the awesome Archos 5 Internet Tablet series running Android, what kind of work goes into it, he tells a bit about how TI supports Archos and how Archos innovates impressively in the industry.

This is one of about 55 videos that I filmed for my other site at http://armdevices.net at Mobile World Congress 2010 last week in Barcelona.

I spoke with the Texas Instruments people a lot off camera as well about Archos, and I think there is a lot of very interesting updates that you can be looking forward to coming up. For more ideas about what type of Texas Instrument technologies you may look forward for Archos to implement look for my upcoming OMAP3440 video running Android 2.1, comparing it to the 1ghz 45nm performance of OMAP3640 and also check out my amazing OMAP4 video, even look forward to my Texas Instruments nHD DLP Pico Projector video.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:54 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Hi Charbax,

Thanks for sharing the articles and videos. Some nice new features: 3 displays, Android 2.x, OMAP 4. Cool stuff! =D>

Allen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:57 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I suppose the 2.1 reference was a mistake and not a slip... ;)

Good vid, Charbax! Thanks!

Michael

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

map002 wrote:
I suppose the 2.1 reference was a mistake and not a slip... ;)

I'm just about to finish the upload of a video showing Android 2.1 on OMAP3430 reference design. I think TI got it working only two weeks ago. The TI guy also talks a lot about the performance and hardware acceleration that they are doing. And also showing how the OMAP3630 (maybe in A7A and Archos Phone?) is even faster.

The TI people told me plenty other very exciting stuff about Archos, I didn't get to film all of it though. They can say more things when the camera is not recording.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

In this second video from Mobile World Congress I interview Atul Aggarwal, Director of Product Marketing at Texas Instruments, about the performance, hardware acceleration, software support for their awesome OMAP3 series of processors.

Android 2.1 is thus said to have been ÔÇ£available for developpersÔÇØ just only about 2 weeks ago and it is demonstrated to run beautifully on both OMAP3430 based Zoom2 and the OMAP3630 Zoom3 development devices.

OMAP3430 is similar to the more powerful OMAP3440 that Archos is using in the Archos 5 Internet Tablet with Android. Thus I try to get some informations from the Texas Instruments representative about which kinds of hardware acceleration limits in terms of Video playback and 3D rendering and other graphics accelerations that we might see in firmware updates. Of course the firmwares that Archos can release for us do not have to feature all the latest from Texas Instruments, but the latest stuff that TI can demonstrate, logically Archos engineers might also be working with those tools for our firmware updates.

Not that I am able to exactly confirm what kinds of hardware acceleration upgrades and Android upgrades we might get in the next firmwares, but I can tell you that I heard lots of very exciting stuff from the Texas Instruments engineers and product managers at the Mobile World Congress, as I was there to film 55 video interviews for my other site http://ARMdevices.net

I am meeting with Archos soon, the CeBIT is coming up in just one week and I will be there filming 50 videos as well. So look forward to more very exciting updates on the hardware acceleration updates for Archos Android that are coming!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:00 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Hey Charbax,

Where did you get that long bar that's on your home screen of your archos?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:01 am 

Mumbles686 wrote:
Hey Charbax,

Where did you get that long bar that's on your home screen of your archos?

thats the new power control widget - just instal it as you would all widgets.

nice one charbax, i think he may have known more than he was letting on there - you will have to disguss that with archos with a smile..........

fingures crossed we will get 2.1 soon, i just love the live wallpapers on there - do they remind you of something...... archos 5 maybe....
roy