Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:59 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:10 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Ok the first version of the standard Android Widget for the Archos is now ready.

I have tested this on the 1.7.33 and 1.7.71 firmware.

Code is still warm as I only finished it about an hour ago, it is on the appslib and AndAppStore and this is what it does:

Quote:
OneClick is a simple application that contains 12 widgets, one for each of the primary functions of the Archos Media Center. OneClick allows you to replace the Archos widget and have single click access to the following functions:

internal video,
network video,
internal music,
network music,
web radio,
web tv,
internal photos,
network photos,
FM Radio,
File Manager,
video recorder,
TV scheduler.

You can place individual icons on your desktop and they can be managed independently. OneClick uses the Archos AMC API to launch the Archos AMC activities.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:36 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Nice work! I'm glad I can finally customize what shortcuts I want, and be done with the giant AMC launcher.

Note: I couldn't find it in the AppsLib app, but the AndAppStore link works just fine.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:39 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Thanks for this! I'm going to try it right now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:48 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

@hauk: I think it is under Multimedia in appslib but personally I am not a big fan of appslib so I tend to use andAppStore.

@gschier: It doesn't cover some of the AMC stuff yet like the media club or games but I intend to add those over the coming weeks. If there is something you or anyone else come to that, particularly wants let me know and I will move it up the priority list.

Oh and I apologise for the icons I am not very good at colouring in.........:(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:14 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Gabriel, this is beautiful! Thanks so much!

Between you, the Archos dev team and Devo, my A5A got a whole lot better for me today!

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow this is awesome!

If anyone would like to post a video showing this widget on Youtube, I'll post it to the http://ArchosFans.com blog..

As a technical question to understand this Archos Media Center API before I post about it on the blog, does it also allow Android applications to directly launch full screen playback of specific video files either stored locally or streamed from the web in all the AMC supported formats?

Would you say this is a full API that does everything that is needed, and if there would be more features to it, to provide more hooks for Android app developers to have full access to Archos hardware acceleration features within Android, which should they be?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:25 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

@Map002: Glad you like but please do let me know what you think is missing and any issues you encounter. Plan to add some more feature later but probably as a separate apk so the people that don't want them don't have the overhead. Also looking at some simple apps like a refined version of the original AMC API app I did to address some suggestions from people like Allen too.

Last edited by Gabriel1964 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:38 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Charbax wrote:
Wow this is awesome!

If anyone would like to post a video showing this widget on Youtube, I'll post it to the http://ArchosFans.com blog..

As a technical question to understand this Archos Media Center API before I post about it on the blog, does it also allow Android applications to directly launch full screen playback of specific video files either stored locally or streamed from the web in all the AMC supported formats?

Would you say this is a full API that does everything that is needed, and if there would be more features to it, to provide more hooks for Android app developers to have full access to Archos hardware acceleration features within Android, which should they be?

From what I have been able to work out so far, it just lets you launch the interfaces rather than providing programmable access to the Archos Players (for things like launching specific streams/files). So right now it is a nice way to customise access to the archos AMC interface. Great for what it does but currently I haven't found a way to hook into the Archos hardware acceleration. It would be great if we could and I will keep digging but nothing I have found yet, sorry.

What would be really nice would an interface definition that would allow us to use the android .putextra features to pass additional data to the intents. That sort of feature could well open up the ability to launch specific videos, streams etc if Archos choose to do it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:28 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Hi Gabriel,

WELL DONE!!! Thank you so much for this additional present on 1.7.71 day. You and all the other devs on the Forum are very valuable members of our Community.

And thanks to Archos for providing our devs the tools to do what Gabriel has done.

BRAVO!!! =D> =D> =D> :D :D :D

Allen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:08 am 
Archos User
Archos User

The best thing since sliced bread.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:42 am 
Archos User
Archos User

I'm a bit slow at times glancing at things. Can I custom order one with descriptions under each icon lol.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:39 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Nice job. How do you remove the Archos Launcher shortcuts?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:04 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

tempur37 wrote:
I'm a bit slow at times glancing at things. Can I custom order one with descriptions under each icon lol.
I agree, I'd take descriptions under also...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:41 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

this really is just getting better and better, man I love this community!

great work Gabriel, I love my main screen now,

Last edited by WantToGloom on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:47 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Monkeytime wrote:
Nice job. How do you remove the Archos Launcher shortcuts?

Press edge of Archos launcher... Hold ... Drag to Apps tab on right. When the Apps Tab changes icons to a Trash can, and color, let go and POOF!!! All gone...

You can get it back any time by long hold on a home screen until you see the "Add to Home screen" requester ... Select Widgets ... then select "Archos launcher" and it's back...

Didn't Gabriel do a GREAT job!!! :D

Allen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:56 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

absolutely fantastic job, really, really excellent... now as soon as you can figure out for us to get shortcuts to specific networked machines via the file managers, with all the usernames & passwords saved and sorted out and all that jazz, the better :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:59 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

ROTFLMAO, WTG, You don't want much do you!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Allen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:01 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

well, you know guys like Gabriel, ya gotta keep 'em busy, keep them outta trouble and off the streets!

(hehhehehe)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:18 am 
Archos Staff
Archos Staff

Presentation detailing access to shortcuts with code example is available here: http://www.archos.com/support/download/ ... PIdemo.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:47 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Looks awesome, Gabriel - big thanks for this :)