Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:52 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24 Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hi, I've uploaded the the file from 'megaupload', it's in my downloads but when I try to run it it says " there is a problem with parsing" wot ever that is, can anyone help.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:15 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

i am having a problem with current apps and new apps the current apps will no longer download updates and new apps wont download at all i have an internet connection that works i am able to access gmail and the marketplace itself but when i go to install the message comes up unsuccesful. i had been able to use the marketplace in the past with no problems but i recently tried an app whose name i cannot remember but i clicked their speedboost tab and i think it may have shut off the download connection somewhere. i have tried reinstalling the marketplace a few times to no avail. any ideas or recomendations would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:50 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello!
I have a few questions :

Is this modification remove some kind of warranty from the company?
Will I lose all the data (music, videos...) I stored in my Archos5 if I install the google marketplace?
I've got a GPS chip in my archos5, a GPS license (NDrive) and HD video codec I buyed... will they still work after I installed the marketplace?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:36 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hi i need help i have the archos 5 and want to install apk on it and my firmware version is 2.0.38 (wmdrmpd: 10.1) (android 1.6) is there one that i can use on it and if so need help loading it on here

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:53 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

george28 wrote:
hi i need help i have the archos 5 and want to install apk on it and my firmware version is 2.0.38 (wmdrmpd: 10.1) (android 1.6) is there one that i can use on it and if so need help loading it on here

i have installed the market that is in the first link (still valid) on a 2.0.38. it was (probably) the same BS as installing it on the other firmwares. Meaning it is a very carefull nessisary set of steps.

If your having problems, then you just have to follow the steps laid out by the failures of others.
Make sure all that google sync stuff is going, that you have google account, that you check the status of your web connection, and the "sync" status , and get it all in the right order. To get market Google becomes your God, so give god everything :-) location, sync, web, allow google to connect to your bank account if you have to. it is google, and so therfore all the buttons for google are turned on by you to speak to your god :-)

if you get a parse error, it is most certannly a corrupt or incomplete download.
other things that i can think of:
The File extention must be correct. an APK IS a bunch of compressed file (Zip sorta) the download, migght say .ZIP but it is probably just a APK, and you would rename the extention to .APK.
if it just wont install you might have to fully reset your device, it is not a small package.
If your device is tossing up sim things and it seems like your at an impass because it thinks it is a phone, then check your connection stuff, and dont proceed with it heading in that direction, you wont get anywhere.
If you only see an Uninstall, when running the package, then that Install is done. the install is replaced by an uninstall ONLY APK after install. makes sure you save the original market APK

that is all i know, it certannly does not install itself, it helps to have some knowlege of downloading, and dealing with the archos in general, and almost every Hurdle you will encounter has luckily been covered in this thread, although it could have been in 4 sentances in the FIRST post, but this isnt the wiki.

It should not void any warrenty or mess up your licences, ANYMORE THAN . . .
installing a load of stuff that might require a full reset to fully remove (100% of it). it is just a bunch of APKs in a package, it is sort of a bunch of applications, and probably a few settings items. i was able to piece it up (messing around) and install a few sepeate parts stand alone. I was trying to see if i could hack some junk out of it and limit the size.

It should not mess with your machines ANYMORE THAN . . .
having a load of web junk , services and google connections out the wazoo, extra services, extra programs, extra stuff running at startup , and that likes to find a web to connect to to do its bidding. It is a bit of a Hog, resources , memory and app space, because of that . . . it sucks :-) It removes and your machine will be freer to do what it did before, when removed, then just when you thought you didnt need market, you will again .

good luck.

Last edited by Psycogeek on Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ok, this has probably been answered a couple of times but i didnt see the answer so i'll just ask again and hopefully someone will be kind enough to enlighten me.
I just recently purchased a refurb Archos 7 home tablet A70HB model (i guess it's called 'cupcake'? Why must the names make one hungry anyway?) and did not realize until i got it of course that the applib was NOT in fact the android marketplace i've come to know and love on my phone. Now i noticed the original post explicitly states that this software does not work on my model (noticed of course AFTER repeated attempts lol) and am wondering if perhaps there is an older version that might breathe life into this poor unused device? Barring that i suppose i shall have to continue trying to figure out how to transfer apps from my phone over but it would be nice if there was an app for the older firmware. Any assistance or advice (constructive of course) is most appreciated!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:12 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Living Madness wrote:
Ok, this has probably been answered a couple of times but i didnt see the answer so i'll just ask again and hopefully someone will be kind enough to enlighten me.
I just recently purchased a refurb Archos 7 home tablet A70HB model (i guess it's called 'cupcake'? Why must the names make one hungry anyway?) and did not realize until i got it of course that the applib was NOT in fact the android marketplace i've come to know and love on my phone. Now i noticed the original post explicitly states that this software does not work on my model (noticed of course AFTER repeated attempts lol) and am wondering if perhaps there is an older version that might breathe life into this poor unused device? Barring that i suppose i shall have to continue trying to figure out how to transfer apps from my phone over but it would be nice if there was an app for the older firmware. Any assistance or advice (constructive of course) is most appreciated!

I believe you can create an APK file from/on another Android device and manually transfer it to the tablet without the market...so you would make an apk file on the phone of the app you want on the "7", put it on the SIM card (or email it).

I believe ASTRO backup program can create APK files

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:14 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

...and I realize this wasn't the appropriate forum ... just trying to help

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:11 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Sorry - I have only looked through about half of the 23 pages of posts for an answer, but...

I actually didn't have any problems installing this but after I noticed several apps had been installed that I didn't want or need. Most of them start up automatically when the device boots. Is there a way to get the Android Market app by itself? I don't need Google Maps, Chat, etc. - I can add these later if I want a-la-cart. Of course, to uninstall all of the apps I don't want gets rid of the Market, too. Is there a lighter version of this available?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:50 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

No. You're lucky to have this.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:27 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm a newbie & I've just got this to work on my A5 Internet Tablet (1.6 Donut, Firmware 2.0.45) :D

So a quick thank you to the clever folks who made this possible - and a summary of how I did it for other thickies like me.

Download the .apk file and save it to your Archos (downloads seemed a good place to put it).

Click on it to install it. The Archos will need to reboot, when it does do not select the option to set up your Google account - let it boot up as normal (you need an internet connection for the next step).

Once your Archos is up & running again, you'll find "MarketArchos" on the Applications Tab; if you click it you should only see an uninstall button as confirmation that the app has installed. (Don't uninstall, just close it!)

Next to it is the "Market" icon, you click this to access setup - but first check wifi is turned off on the Power Control Widget. Then turn on sync (next to the brightness control on the widget) followed by restarting the wifi. You can now work your way through the Market App setup. I had a lot of fun with Google Account details - in the end I used the open new account option, which seemed to do the trick. Maybe it isn't a problem if you already have an account that uses Android*.

One final oddity - I haven't been able to re open the market from the app after closing it, but I have successfully installed an app from market.android.com on my Desktop PC while the Archos has been hooked up with a USB cable :oops:

*Maybe you don't even need to touch the Market App, if you access an existing market account from a PC the Archos is mounted on????

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:17 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi an archos newbie here.....

I found this site just brousing around for anything archos and BINGO!

I read about GPS and learned about copilot. Problem is I could only find Copilot on the google android market, so that led me here. I was able to find the download to enable market and BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I now have market AND copilot and both are working OK. There were a few bumps, seems like most things android are like that.

This A5IT is my latest tablet, great size, easier to take along than my 7" (poor mans Zoom, Elocity 7).

PROBLEM...I have a space problem on my tablet. I have almost no mem on my tab but i have over 5GB free on mt DS card, it's a 8GB card. I have an app mover but it will run but NOT MOVE aps on android 1.6.

JD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:13 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

@ethel....

I had the same problem you mentioned at the end of your last post describing the market only opening once. I thought I had finally successfully figured things out and then all the sudden I can not open it anymore. Has anyone else experienced this and then later figured out how to solve the issue? Normally I see the message ("A server error has occurred.") displaying on my android phone when I don't have 3g or wifi. However, I know I am connected to wifi because it works fine for the browser and other internet related apps.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:45 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

If anyone is having the same problem that I had where the market only opened the first time, I did this and it worked.

1. Settings > About Device > Repair and Formatting Tools > Delete Device Config and Installed Apps

2. After phone reboots repeat the process installing the apk

3. Reboot.

4. DO NOT try to enter gmail account info. Need to connect to wifi first. So click skip.

5. Connect to wifi or tether to a cell phone.

6. THEN click on market and and enter gmail info.

Not sure why the market only opened once but it seems that if you basically reinstall, it kinda just fixed it. As though the problem only occurs occasionally. This is basically how I installed it the first time. Market only opened once. Second time, it worked fine. So I'd guess just repeat until it works if you have that problem.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:26 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hello guys,

i've just bough an archos 5 internet tablet...
i followed the steps to install the market andtoid and everything went fine: gmail is working, google maps is working.
but when i click the market link, it just don't load. it opens the broser, and then a "market android terms of service" page.

can anybody help me?
thanks,

roger

= = = =

UPDATE:
I did the instructions posted by @drewmey.
it opened for the first time, but now it says: "A server error has ocurred. Retry, or cancel and return th toe previous screen".

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:55 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Does it also work on 1.6?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:01 am 
Archos User
Archos User

My previous A5IT's HDD died, so I've gotten a new one, which came with 1.7.99 installed. I know that this ancient firmware works with the market hack, but should I install the hack on 1.7.99 first or should I upgrade to 2.0.45 first?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:50 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Answering my own question, I reinstalled market first, then upgraded. Everything works.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:50 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

When i try to sign in/create a google acount i get this message: 'Can't establish a reliable data connection to server', can anyone help me please?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:58 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Quick question....

I got my Archos 5 IT serviced recently and had to reinstall everything. While the market install works, I can't seem to find things on the market, including things I've previously downloaded for my Archos 5. There is no history and my Archos 5 doesn't even register on my Google account. I've tried using the web to surf in, too, but nothing seems to be able to install apps on my unit.

I don't expect to be able to do much with it in the first place, but I had a few games installed, the Simple Last.FM scrobbler (I like to keep track of my music habits) and a few other odds and ends. Nothing major.

Am I just out of luck?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24 Next