Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:05 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23 24 Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:02 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

very odd, when i go to the live apps page i get a message your phone is not supported, you have not been charged for this

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:02 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

fragglerok wrote:
very odd, when i go to the live apps page i get a message your phone is not supported, you have not been charged for this

That happens to me, too if I left-click on the link from Chrome on mt XP PC, and if I use xScope on my A5A, but with the User Agent set to "computer". What Android browser are you using? Make sure its User Agent is set to Android!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:58 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I did a full reinitialization and changing firmware yesterday and I install market hack right away , everything work nicely like usual, then I was browsing the applib and I saw Market there and (installed) so the market hack is now in applib too I guess. I dont loot at applib often I use market so I dont know if this is new or what but this is nice alternative to install it easier.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:42 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello, my name is Cesar Navarro and I'm from Cali - Colombia.
I am interested in distributing products from Archos, my problem is I have written to all emails from the Archos website and have not received any response.
I would be helpful if any of you have the phone numbers of contact, or know someone in charge of handling this issue, preferably in the U.S..
I want to have the exclusive distribution in my city.
Thanks in advance for your help, my mail is [email protected]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:53 am 
Archos User
Archos User

market install worked for me! I was a bit worried about that rapidshare site, prob time for another virus scan anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:20 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

rotaman wrote:
Hi All

I just checked out all your posts, and I think I figured out the signing thing.

> turn off wifi
> turn off the sync (icon next to the gps & brightness toggles)
> turn on the syn
> turn on the wifi & connect to your wifi network.
> sign into google.

This should work. I think the data sync has to be turned on first, then the wifi, so it recognizes it.

Let me know if this works for anyone.

Cheers,

What a star - I was about to give up on this dozens of reboots and re-installs, resetting configurations and here's the answer and so simple !!! Thanks rotaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:03 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I attempted this and it bricked my Arc5it
Had to reinstall because only thing that device would do is say, Setup is fucked. Force close..
I suppose your suppose to root your device first but I relaly don't want to install custom firmware. Can't I just SU and then root my device first.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:27 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

No, you don't root your A5IT first.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:46 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

So how come when I Install teh Market4Archos.Apk.
It installs a bunch of apps and when it reboots it says setup wizard has stopped , force close.
Ever time i press force close the exact same message pops back up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:44 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I don't know what your particular problem is, but it has nothing to do with being rooted.

If I were you I'd uninstall the hack, delete the device configuration, and start again. Make sure you have a Wifi connection, make sure Sync is on, and make sure you have your account details to hand.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:13 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Did the market .apk.I now cannot calibrate and have lost the function of the top notify bar,the home button,and the right menu button-all the top buttons.When I try to reboot calibration comes up 3-4 sec. and then google agreement screen horns in. Help Please?
my keyboard suckus sorry for misspells and wierdd syntax
kdub

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:35 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Your screen needs to be re-calibrated. I talked about this many months ago. Losing the top bar is the direct consequence of carelessly calibrating the screen, usually by using an inexact tool like a fingertip. You need to use a pointy, but not sharp tool like a matchstick. Make sure you touch the exact centre of the cross. You've lost that top 1/4 inch because you touched the screen below the centre of the cross. So the software "mapped" the centre of the cross 1/4 inch below its actual position. The top bar is still there, but you can't see it because it's off the top of the screen.

However, some people, including Charbax disagreed about this, so I was shouted down. I know it's true because this exact thing happened to me on the previous model A5, when I first got it.

The difficulty is, that, if you lose the top bar COMPLETELY, you can't get to the Menu to get to the re-calibration screen. Are you sure there is absolutely nothing left of the top bar? Can you not see enough of the Menu button in the top right corner, to press it?

If you CAN press it, go to Sound and Display, then touch screen calibration.

If not, then reinstalling the firmware, using the Recovery screen method, shouls bring up the re-calibration screen.

As I said, use a pointy, but not sharp, thing.

Resistive screens as on the A5IT, not capacitive screens as on top end Gen 8 devices, respond to pointy stylus input for accuracy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:57 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I agree with you SP,my prob is I get a google agreement screen before calibration is finished.Started with market.apk-can't navigat well enough to get rid of it!If I have to hose my machine how do I use the ftp-one file at a time? I run linux do I need all those files? (the 5it will never see windows)
thanx
kdub

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:00 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

PS,
I can see the whole top bar-it just doesn't respond
kdub

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:08 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

kdub420 wrote:
PS,
I can see the whole top bar-it just doesn't respond
kdub

Then, as I said in my last post, this is what you should do.
sweetypie wrote:

If not, then reinstalling the firmware, using the Recovery screen method, should bring up the re-calibration screen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:42 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hazzaw!!Third try and it worked!! THANKYOU Sweetypie! Don't know what I did wrong during the market.apk install but now I know what to do Right! Thankyou,Thankyou!!
kdub

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:17 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Welcome, welcome, welcome.

:D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:00 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ok help. I downloaded the market4archos file and it has the apk extension but shows up as a zip file. I copied it onto the sd card on my Archos, used file manager to locate it and clicked. The file started to unzip and now I have a folder called market4archos with files that Archos doesnt recognise as executables. I never got the chance to chose to open the apk (or zip) file first. I have since gone and deleted all the market4archos related files from my sd card and repeated the process but the same thing keeps happening. What am I doing wrong?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:18 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Sorted out the file problem - for some reason I couldn't rename the file to get rid of the hidden zip extension but I have downloaded the file again from another link and this time it is okay :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:38 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thank you very much i just got my archos 5 today and installed the market with ease, thanks again!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23 24 Next