Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:28 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 2124 Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:54 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Sorry to bring up the same questions again but I'm pretty sure I've tried all the advice I can find on here for my problem. Successfully installed market apk but can't connect to sign in. "can't establish a reliable data connection to the server". I've restarted my device about 10 times as people were saying it starts working after a few restarts. Still nothing. Signed in to my account via browser on my desktop, still nothing. Even set up my gmail account on my archos email to make sure I was connected in every possible way, but it still tries to connect like a mobile. My wireless is on and I'm signed in in every way possible. Have also updated firmware (now on 2.0.28). And have tried a few more restarts since all this. Any other ideas anyone?

UPDATE: Working at last! Having thorougly re-read the wiki I find I had missed a crucial part on first read. Anyone having my problem make sure you have the sync button on (the wiki explains how). Yeah I'm a muppet.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:40 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ok so i copy the market4archos apk file to my archos disk open the file and it just says parse error same for a few other apps ive tried installing recently. i had it working befor but had to do a full reinitialization on it now it wont work just keeps coming up parsing error pls help.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:50 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

billybongboy wrote:
ok so i copy the market4archos apk file to my archos disk open the file and it just says parse error same for a few other apps ive tried installing recently. i had it working befor but had to do a full reinitialization on it now it wont work just keeps coming up parsing error pls help.

Sounds like your dowloaded files are being corrupted.
Let us know more info such as...
Have you registered your unit? (has an effect on everything going forward..)
Your Archos device model. (Hard disk or SD and size)
How are you downloading. (WiFi or Tethered)
Your router. (Make, Model)
Where are you. (Region, Country)

I only ask these as many things have an effect on what happens,
For example, I am in the Middle East most of the time and it is a TOTALLY different internet connection to the appslib/Android market servers, as it is to being in the UK.

All here will try to help the best we can.

And welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:44 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I downloaded the .apk

However, when I attempt to install, a "parsing error" box appears. Any suggestions?

R. Johnson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:04 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Sounds like a corrupted download. Clear your browser's cache and download it again.

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:50 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Michael

I ha ve cleared the cache and re downloaded the. apk file. Still get the parse error.

It is frustrating that I cannot access the market. A media player that cannot play youtube. Frustrating.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:01 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

For bad .apk files:

Usually this happens because the Browser renames the .apk file to .html or .zip.

Allen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:03 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

So, am I able to change this? If so, how?[url][/url]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:04 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Assuming you're stuck with Windows (where this happens), go into your explorer preferences and unselect 'hide file extensions' and then remove the '.zip' or '.htm' or whatever bit from the end of the file name after '.atm'. If that was your problem, it will work fine then.

Michael

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:44 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for your advice. I ended up downloading the file on my laptop, then tranfer to the archos. The market hack - and now youtube - work beautifully.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:49 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Can anyone explain how the gsm.prop is used in the installation. I realize its to fool it into believing that the archos is a phone, but what file does it modify, or where is it put on the 5IT. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:18 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

janiki wrote:
Can anyone explain how the gsm.prop is used in the installation. I realize its to fool it into believing that the archos is a phone, but what file does it modify, or where is it put on the 5IT. Thanks

I believe setprop sets a property in memory.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:29 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

If you want to muck about with that (not necessary, but people like to mess around), you might want to search for the original paid apps thread by devo. There was more info there, if I recall correctly.

Michael

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:01 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I copied the file accross but when I try and open it, the Archos says that it is not a recognised file type. It will not play. This is from the File Manager.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:46 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

wrong thread

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:09 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I can't install new applications with the market app because it always says that the download is begining...i don't know how to fix it..
Also,when i try to enable the wifi location option, to use google maps for example, the system crashes. :S

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:48 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am having the same problem lureyz. I have checked to ensure that I am using wifi rather than phone settings and the other Google apps work just fine. My IT department at work has now blocked the guest login I was using to gain access to the wifi so I won't be able to check if was a wifi problem until I get home. I might try tethering it to my mobile to see if I can get it to work that way.

I couldn't find the beta lite version of Angry Birds in the list of apps either!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I can't sign in or create user on the market. I'm using the cell phone tethering. Any idea?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:54 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

use your google (gmail) login

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:15 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Help!

Moved my power control widget onto my home screen as suggested in seting up the market app, but
now power screen is stuck behind my AMC and I cannot move it (touching the screen
anywhere near just opens the AMC...maybe a dumb question, but I remove the widget again?

Cheers

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 2124 Next