Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:10 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 2024 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:29 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ive done it with gmail logged on on my browser on the archos aswell and still get the same error,
is this going to work with the new firmware upgrade?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:39 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

pls anyone knows how to turn on the FM trasmitter, I can't click on the turn on Icon for the FM trasmitter neither can I turn on the cell phone teether. help.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:54 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Now Theodore!

What do the FM transmitter and BT tethering have to do with this topic?

Please do an Advanced search and find the relevant topics. Both have been discussed many time.

Thanks,

Allen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:03 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

allen if u can't help or perhaps refer me to a link where I can get help I think ignoring me would have been a better option for u.

I put up that post on here because michael and jeff seem to know everything and have been helping me in the past so I feel confident in there answers.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:40 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

You can feel confident in our answers, but you're more likely to get them if you either start a new thread or ask in an existing thread related to your question. I or someone else will be glad to help you then.

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:14 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Oh, and @theodorechuk - learn to use the Search function on this forum!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:34 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Either any got hacked or he's been drinking and posting again.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:43 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Installed this on the new firmware no problems. Full access to free and paid apps - awesome piece of kit, many thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:18 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

last night, i have got a 2nd-hand A5IT(32GB), it was with 1.7 version firmware, i upgraded it to the latest one, then used this apk to get full access to google stuffs (market, gmail, etc.) after installation and running, still no sign of google stuffs in my collection....then "reset", and there they are!!

i love "reset"!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:03 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, I've got problem with Market Place. It was working properly for some time. But now I can't download anything. It just can't start downloading. Progres bar is not moving. My wifi connection is ok. Can use apps lib normally. What to do? Please help :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:00 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

A quick uninstall/reinstall usually fixes that when it happens to me.

Michael

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:04 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Sorry to bring up the same questions again but I'm pretty sure I've tried all the advise I can find on here for my problem. Successfully installed market apk but can't connect to sign in. "can't establish a reliable data connection to the server". I've restarted my device about 10 times as people were saying it starts working after a few restarts. Still nothing. Signed in to my account via browser on my desktop, still nothing. Even set up my gmail account on my archos email to make sure I was connected in every possible way, but it still tries to connect like a mobile. My wireless is on and I'm signed in in every way possible. Have also updated firmware (now on 2.0.28). And have tried a few more restarts since all this. Any other ideas anyone?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:09 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am new to this. I downloaded Market4Archos to the device from the link on this forum and when i want to install is telling me "Parse Error" There is a problem parsing the package

What should I do?

Also how do I tather the internet connection from my blackberry so Google Maps can work when I am in the car?

thanks

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:28 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Download it again, sounds like it got corrupted.

Michael

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

mcorrea wrote:
I am new to this. I downloaded Market4Archos to the device from the link on this forum and when i want to install is telling me "Parse Error" There is a problem parsing the package

What should I do?

Also how do I tather the internet connection from my blackberry so Google Maps can work when I am in the car?

thanks

Not sure about the blackberry question, but i recently got a archos tried to download the market apk threw the device, got the same error several times after deleting & re-downloading, maybe it has something to do with the upload service & the way the device treats it?

Anyway i downloaded it on my pc, same link, & then loaded it on the Archos and it installed with out a hitch.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:37 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Did it download as a .apk file or another file type like .hml. Sometimes we have to rename files to .apk.

Allen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:32 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

It downloads as a .apk, but for some reason downloads as much smaller file hence some sort of corruption takes place.

I'm not sure exactly were to put this next comment or question, so i will put it here,

I'm running the latest firmware2.0.28, and i was having issues with wifi over the past few days.

I went threw all the threads, set my router & archos in every way the various threads explain, Still wifi drops at wake after deep sleep or after the screen turns off, & cant reconnect on its own till you turn wifi off then back on, or dropping wifi although it still says connected after a certain period of time again tuning wifi off and on solves this.

As a test, since i did run into a thread about market hack might have been causing wifi problems, I reset the device to factory fresh removing all apps thats not in the built into firmware.

After setting back up, reconnected the archos to my network, went the entire day with out one wifi drop at all !

yesterday i installed the market hack again to see, Guess what? wifi is dropping again after a certain period of time.

Admittedly, I've never tried the hack on any other firmware as i updated the device first thing so couldn't say if it's firmware related or a bug in the market hack.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:40 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

You might want to start a new thread for this as you're a bit off-topic here. Also, you're more likely to get responses that way.

Good luck!

Michael

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:53 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Just to check something, what brand of router is it?

I was using a Belkin for some time with no problems then (not sure if the ISP changed the mtu over here) but files would sometimes be corrupted on download even on the Win PC.
An EoF seemed to come early (so much for CRC!)

I then changed to a Linksys WRT-610n that has 'Auto mtu' selection in the WAN setup and have not had a problem since. My Wireless connection for the Archos is also much more stable.

Just a thought!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:12 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Made another thread, thanks for the suggestion.

As for the router, its a Netgear WGR614v9, wireless G and cant say ive had problems with anything else, to any major extent this includes a Wii, Dell mini9, cheap chinese android tablet & laptop, windows ce devices, sony tv with internet, psp... etc.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 2024 Next