Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:11 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

We know Archos read this, so I'll start by saying this.

Way to please the customer!

Why release something this buggy? We thought you'd learn from Gen 6, NOT to release a buggy product. And we thought things can't get worse than the Gen 6 huh...

BestBuy refuse to sell Gen 6 in stores, does that not give you any sort of warning? Gen 7 is so bad that Amazon refuses to sell it. Will this teach you, or are you guys has stubborn as Charbax not recognizing Archos's faults?

How desperate can Archos be? A device as buggy as this? What good does that give? Does it give any good?

Truthfully, Archos totally deserved this from Amazon.

Archos did all these things right in terms of features on this generation, why can it wait another month and fix up all the bugs? Excellent (and I mean excellent) features means nothing when it doesn't work from constant crashes. Why can't Archos spend 1 month fixing up bugs. You can start production while fixing bugs, and just a message at start up telling customers to upgrade firmware. This would be a hit, and a far better word of mouth and reviews if it is stable.

Kids don't learn ends up (and deserves) failing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:18 am 
Archos User
Archos User

i agree, but its the fact that the company is too damn small to hire large support teams and not many branches for RMA's. they make such beautiful products, but they stop support too early. maybe with android, google can toss some help in as well. i too, well knowing it will break, am going to buy a 5IMT this holiday season, if and only if it can play some 3D games that work on linux

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:30 am 
Archos User
Archos User

all it needs is a firmware update to fix the problems, when the update comes no one knows.

in the mean time not being sold on the largest internet retailer is really really really going to hurt them.

hopefully this'll be a wake up call to archos and they'll realize they can't keep using there paying customers as beta.

how hard was it for them to take android and make it buggy, i have several friends and they never ever complain about the android phone os being buggy or crashing on there phone.

the said thing is this is exactly the type of device i want.

looks like i'll look elsewhere if archos doesn't get there shit together.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:30 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

if they fix it within this month ... all will be good again ...
if they dont they are doomed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:49 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Chengbin wrote:
We know Archos read this, so I'll start by saying this.

Way to please the customer!

Why release something this buggy? We thought you'd learn from Gen 6, NOT to release a buggy product. And we thought things can't get worse than the Gen 6 huh...

BestBuy refuse to sell Gen 6 in stores, does that not give you any sort of warning? Gen 7 is so bad that Amazon refuses to sell it. Will this teach you, or are you guys has stubborn as Charbax not recognizing Archos's faults?

How desperate can Archos be? A device as buggy as this? What good does that give? Does it give any good?

Truthfully, Archos totally deserved this from Amazon.

Archos did all these things right in terms of features on this generation, why can it wait another month and fix up all the bugs? Excellent (and I mean excellent) features means nothing when it doesn't work from constant crashes. Why can't Archos spend 1 month fixing up bugs. You can start production while fixing bugs, and just a message at start up telling customers to upgrade firmware. This would be a hit, and a far better word of mouth and reviews if it is stable.

Kids don't learn ends up (and deserves) failing.

Despite all these negatives, Archos feeds off people like you who continue to purchase their products. For God's sake, please practice what you preach. DON'T BUY!! When Archos sees their sales fall off a cliff, maybe they will finally get the message. Meanwhile, I looked at their recent financials and it wasn't pretty. I don't know if they will be around for the Gen 8 release.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:00 am 
Archos User
Archos User

desigunda wrote:
if they fix it within this month ... all will be good again ...
if they dont they are doomed

will it be good enough for retailers like bestbuy and amazon.
they've been burned twice now with this gen, and the previous gen.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:02 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

cghori wrote:
Despite all these negatives, Archos feeds off people like you who continue to purchase their products. For God's sake, please practice what you preach. DON'T BUY!! When Archos sees their sales fall off a cliff, maybe they will finally get the message. Meanwhile, I looked at their recent financials and it wasn't pretty. I don't know if they will be around for the Gen 8 release.

Which is why this is the last time (with 3 year extended warranty for protection).

By the time I need to buy a new PMP, ummm, I don't think Archos will still exist, at least if they don't change significantly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

3 newbies on Amazon don't know what they are talking about.

And obviously there are some users on this forum who enjoy being trolls.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:23 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Charbax wrote:

you mean to tell me all it takes is 3 noobs on amazon to completely stop them from selling a product.

face it the a5 is buggy,peope are complaining and amazon is taking action until archos can do something.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:23 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Charbax wrote:
And obviously [...] enjoy being trolls.

Excuse me, but what's a troll in forum languages?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

BXbomber wrote:
Charbax wrote:

you mean to tell me all it takes is 3 noobs on amazon to completely stop them from selling a product.

They aren't stopping anything. They don't ship anything on weekends anyways.

There are some units that need those Android apps pre-loaded cause it says in Amazon.com description. That's cause the firmware update cleared the apps. It's a simple download from online FTP and appslib.com .apk files. But most Amazon newbie customers wouldn't know where to find them.

This is absolutely not a problem as soon as the factory actually pre-installs the latest stable firmware and apps.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

soviet123 wrote:
Charbax wrote:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online discussion forum with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussions.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:05 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Charbax wrote:
soviet123 wrote:
Charbax wrote:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online discussion forum with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussions.

If anyone is a troll, it's you. Chengbin is the second biggest Archos supporter on this site and even he thinks the new generation is trash. I disagree with him buying it anyway, but at least he acknowledges how terrible it is.

You just have to be working for Archos. There is no other way to explain your idiotic behavior. They have to be paying you to make your asinine comments on a daily basis. No one would do it for free.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:12 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Let Charbax test the unit on his own. There is no way he will be able to sugarcoat the awful performance of the A5 Android.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:16 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

cghori wrote:
Let Charbax test the unit on his own. There is no way he will be able to sugarcoat the awful performance of the A5 Android.

You're talking about the same man who blamed a user for making his A5 Android crash by... wiping the screen with a cloth.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:03 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

soviet123, I think you can see who the trolls are now. If someone hates a company, and vows never to buy their product again, why don't they just move on, and get a life. In almost any other forum these trolls would be banned for life.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:23 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

rokero wrote:
soviet123, I think you can see who the trolls are now. If someone hates a company, and vows never to buy their product again, why don't they just move on, and get a life. In almost any other forum these trolls would be banned for life.

I really had to say something about this DAMN, I bought the A5A, and after 20 minutes I had enough of it, I had the 402, gmini 500, 605, and even the old A5, they worked all fine, but the even then the A5 took almost a year to let it work almost bug free. I never ever said something about Archos but after my experience with the A5, and now the A5A, It's CRAP, and stop defending something that shouldn't be defended!!!! DAMN DAMN DAMN

I don't hate Archos, but what they released now is unacceptable, I gave it a change, but after a night of hanging, crashing etc... I was fed up by Archos, one year with the A5 was already enough, not again.... and other people beeing fed up by it isn't strange we are not buying a 50 dollar device here, we are talking about more than 300... so you may expect at least something for that.

Even Microsoft OS wasn't that buggy, remember Windows 95 when it was released, buggy yes.... but this buggy? no way, and the updates kept coming, even after 3 years updates were still there. even HTC isn't that bad, with updates.

I really don't have a problem when a company stops updating devices when a new one arrives, but when the old still have some bugs you are DAMN obligated to at least fix those one's and then move on... not one second earlier.

I get so sick of those people that get a hard one just by hearing the name Archos, I like those devices as well... but be objective, they aren't treating the customers nicely.... Archos should be glad people are complaining.... when they stop doing that, that's the moment Archos should really be worried, because then people will not be bothered anymore and move on, and never buy an Archos ever again.

And do we want that? NOOOO because ARchos devices are great if they are less less buggy, but Archos should get their crap together and start fixing those bugs, If I can spot these things in the A5A in 20 minutes... what the hell is the Test department doing then??? reading a book or something? or eating there lunch all day?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:19 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Charbax wrote:
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts [...] with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response

With you around the above definition will apply to all comments which criticise Archos...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:03 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

After hearing all these A5 horror stories, I was thinking of just buying the 605 which appears to be the last stable product that Archos put out. I bet the 605 ends up outselling the A5 Android.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:10 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

A correction to the original thread:

Quote:

I LOL'd.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next