Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:00 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I posted this story at http://archosfans.com/2009/08/14/archos ... rketplace/ You can find it at http://appslib.com/

Archos is releasing the worlds first dedicated Android marketplace for 800×480 and HDTV 720p resolution Android devices with more advanced Multimedia features than any existing Android smartphones on the market.

On September 15th, Archos will release the worlds first High-End Android Internet Media Tablets. Until then, Archos is encouraging Android developpers to prepare their Android applications to support the higher resolution screens and more advanced Multimedia features of the Archos line of products. These High-End Android applications would be compatible with any other High-End device as well, but Archos will probably be the first manufacturer with such High-End Android devices on the market.

All Android applications, even the ones designed for smaller screens, will probably work on the Archos Android Devices, though it makes more sense to encourage developpers to think how to use the 2.5x higher resolution touch-screen, 2x larger touch-screen (the device still remains pocketable, the surface of the device is probably screen-only with a very thin screen bezel), the larger up to 500GB built-in storage, the more powerful ARM Cortex A8 processor (no other currently available Android devices by HTC or Samsung have such powerful ARM processor yet), the 720p video decoding DSP and the advanced 3D acceleration.

Speculation:
Although all these High-End Android features sound like they could be more expensive, I speculate that Archos may release Android devices with unlocked HSDPA 3G capability starting at $150 to $400 depending on the screen size and the flash memory or hard drive storage of each different model: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=23496

Quotes from ArchosÔÇÖs http://appslib.com/ website:

Quote:
We believe in the future, and we are convinced that the future is about High-End Android devices.

if you want to develop specifically for new high-end devices, you may want to follow a few guidelines. By High-End devices, we mean devices that are not only smartphones, but all kind of tablets, PDA, PNDs or picture-frames. Devices that will tomorrow provide the same kind of experience than a PC, mobility added.

AppsLib is a co-venture with ARCHOS. Our target is to be available on a large variety of devices, from a lot of manufacturers. But we believe ARCHOS has got what it takes to become the future of Android devices. If you want to develop on a new generation of product, you should consider the following suggestions.

These words speak loudly that Archos really believes that they are releasing a new revolution for Android, making it High-End with the same kind of experience as on a PC and that developing software for it will require to follow new guidelines.

Speculation:
These new suggested guidelines from Archos could also work for High-End Android netbooks! I do not know if Archos will release ARM based Android netbooks (or call them Smartbooks or Laptops, whichever you prefer), but I have been speculating that it would be a good idea for Archos to do so: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=23496

Archos guidelines for High-End Android applications support 720p HDTV output. Meaning that Android applications will be able to be made to support resolutions of at least 1160×652. Imagine connecting your Archos Android Device to your HDTV, connect a Mouse and Keyboard, and you will have a Complete PC-like experience right there. With hopefully full Google Chrome browsers available for ARM devices soon, with Opera Browser and Firefox Fennec, the experience of browsing the Internet on the latest ARM Cortex processor used by Archos should provide a full PC-like experience right there. And your Android applications could provide advanced Word processing, even photo and video editing features if they use for example the cloud to grid-encode and grid-encode videos and photos and only display thumbnails within the full screen Android applications. A good high resolution remote desktop viewer could also allow your Archos Android Device to function as a full X86 Desktop hypervisor and you could virtualize any desktop remotely even from the Internet.

Archos also promotes new full OpenGL 3D acceleration guidelines for Android products. Thus look forward to free Android applications that could emulate any console from NES, SNES even to N64 and the Dreamcast and play OpenGL Linux compatible games like Quake3 at full framerates on your HDTV.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:06 am 
Archos User
Archos User

The site say┬┤s "You will also need to configure the Android emulator in order to run special avd, with the right skin. You can download an ARCHOS-made skin matching the requirements we mentioned. You will need to place this Skin folder in the [Android/platforms/ android-1.5/skins] wherever you put the ANDROID SDK folder."

Can anyone Please install the emulator and load up Screenshots of that "Archos made" skin ;) Maybe we will see the Skin of our new Android device :)

Vistagamer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:08 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I don't know if this is just on accident or we have really missed something but the website says, "ARCHOS will let you enter the TV world with the new ARCHOS 5 Internet Tablet. This is no longer limited to small smartphones." However, this whole website to devoted to developing programs for Android devices with large screens. Is this just an accidental mentioning of a previous products abilities, or will the Archos 5 (and 7) get a major OS upgrade?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:28 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Archos Android skin is the same as shown on the website, just a 60GB Archos 5 with a "not actual device" label.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:09 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

How to get a android developer jobs in india? I am Android developer with 8 months experience.Anyone know about android platform job in India? Still i am searching jobs in android for past 6 months.

Last edited by hacheriya on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:18 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Hi Hacheriya,

Here's what I would do if I were in your position. I know this has worked for others.

Write a great free Android App that shows off what you can do.

Publish it in the marketplace and via the other Android stores, like AppsLib.

Send personalized, short notes to bloggers who specialize in Android and tell them why reviewing it would generate intrest in their readers, so you can generate some traffic. Also, announce it Android specific forums like this one.

Once youv'e got a fair number of downloads and some good reviews, gather all of that together and start shopping your work around to houses that do Android development. You should get some better-than-entry-level offers that way.

And I was a little stunned by the headline, I didn't realize this was an older Zombie thread! I was thinking, 'What, *Another* one?' :lol:

Hope that's helpful!

Michael