Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:40 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:01 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

ive tried to look it up, but only got a little info.
whats the new features on it, and any idea on a price?\
thanks,.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:39 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Android is an OS.... the features can you Look up with googling "google g1" that is a Phone with Android an so with nearly the same feature as Archos android...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'd say the current Android devices like the HTC G1 and the HTC Magic are pretty bad in terms of hardware. So nope, I would absolutely not say that the HTC G1 does the same as the upcoming Archos Android device, I'd say that the Archos Android will do tons more things most probably.

Or at least different things.

If Archos includes GPS, accelerometers and electronic compass, then Archos will do the same things and MANY more things. I could do a list of those MANY more things that Archos will do, but that list will be too long to fit on this forum I think, I would have to upgrade the servers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:46 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Maybe. But first they have to improve on the G1's ridiculously stupid battery life... No amount of fancy features will make up for a device whose basic features are unusable.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:45 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Charbax wrote:
I'd say the current Android devices like the HTC G1 and the HTC Magic are pretty bad in terms of hardware. So nope, I would absolutely not say that the HTC G1 does the same as the upcoming Archos Android device, I'd say that the Archos Android will do tons more things most probably.

If Archos includes GPS, accelerometers and electronic compass, then Archos will do the same things and MANY more things. I could do a list of those MANY more things that Archos will do, but that list will be too long to fit on this forum I think, I would have to upgrade the servers.

Yea they will probably promise you these things to bait you in , but will instead try to release them to you later with future updates if you are lucky instead of charging a fee to unlock them

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:39 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

If they using Andriod then they are moving away from the locked down system I would think. Since Andriod is an open source free OS, and any developer can get the code and develop on it, this will make the Archos more competitive with the iPhone and iPod Touch.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:57 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I also heard the android was supposed to be a phone which will only be operable after an activation fee and monthly price.....which I have no need for

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:59 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

inubani wrote:
If they using Andriod then they are moving away from the locked down system I would think. Since Andriod is an open source free OS, and any developer can get the code and develop on it, this will make the Archos more competitive with the iPhone and iPod Touch.

You mean like linux is a free open source OS?

No evidence that archos won't do the same with Android..

@ImSoFLyy - the Archos 5g can be bought with contract cheaper, or for full price on its own, so that would probably happen with the android too.

Though to be honest who wants to put a brick with a spinning hard drive to your ear? Not interested in telephone on it tbh, just like a reliable o/s with an SDK.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:46 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

If they include a kitchen sink, perhaps the Archos Android will do the washing up. How about adding a personal jetpack? Then the Archos Android would be perfect! I could travel to work *on* my Archos, while trying to get the damn thing to not stutter while playing back a music file... Awesome! Well, until it crashes and I fall out of the sky...

/sarcasm

You don't half talk an utter load of old tosh Charbax...

Charbax wrote:

:roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:01 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

"Will do" That should be could do but won't.