Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:27 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:22 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/04/5-in ... ding-in-s/

Official Good-bye to future support of the current 5.....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:27 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Sounds great... no wonder prices are falling like rotten apples lately... hope Archos learns from mistake of changing the screen type midway from glossy to matte..

However, not sure if it's just me :( but the pic on engadget seems like is matte screen pic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:36 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Maybe,but the pic is definately the Archos 9 running windows 7.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:29 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Ah - I see...

wondering if the date has been advanced to compete with Zune HD's already assumes date of September 8th :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:55 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

im really getting frustrated here and second guessing my archos 5 purchase. it's not that i'm unhappy with the device itself. rather the fact that there are so many similar devices coming out soon that will probably be better or more suiting to what i want in a pmp. other than the infamous customer support from archos, the forthcoming android powered archos 5 sounds more desirable, that is if it works as well as it's supposed to or does everything it is supposed to do. and we all know how archos can be about their claims. then there is the zune hd coming in sept. and that new device from dell. the new revamped sony walkman with touchscreen and wifi. :x almost wishing i had just got some smaller, less expensive mp3/video player to hold me over till there were more choices out there for those of us who want something similar to the ipod touch without having to resort to buying apple.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:21 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I'm just hoping that Archos releases a firmware update that will give us Android also. After all, It's been out only what...8 or 9 months. But given Archos' reputation for customer service, I highly doubt it will happen. I think that last firmware update that did pretty much nothing will be our last.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:23 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

The 5 is probably considered a money pit at this point with all that is happening -- and happening real soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:39 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Archos5Fan wrote:
The 5 is probably considered a money pit at this point with all that is happening -- and happening real soon.

True true... I am happy that I returned mine... and not getting a glossy sceren is mayb e a blessing in disguise... gosh - does my zune 120 GB videos look clean and crisp :) ??? Loving my zune