Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:41 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

fang_3000 wrote:
charbax. are you working for archos?

I'm not, are you?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:26 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Charbax wrote:
fang_3000 wrote:
charbax. are you working for archos?

I'm not, are you?

What kind of question is that? If he is, he would know if you work for Archos.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:29 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

well back to the topic.. at the rate archos is going.. the android version isn't gonna be ANY better.. cos they just won't follow up on their products.. and place profit margin ahead of customer service.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:04 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

fang_3000 wrote:
well back to the topic.. at the rate archos is going.. the android version isn't gonna be ANY better.. cos they just won't follow up on their products.. and place profit margin ahead of customer service.

It's very easy to solve this problem. Don't trust Archos again. Any company that doesn't give a damn about its paying customers doesn't deserve their trust. Archos will always make the same mistakes, sometimes they just are more serious like the case of gen 6. Served to open my eyes...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:21 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Charbax wrote:
So really, in terms of setting a bar, Apple did absolutely not reach very high. Sure Apple might have optimized the interfaces better than that Symbian crap which Motorola was using back in 2003, but other than a few aesthetic changes and perhaps a slightly smaller bezel and a capacitative touchscreen, the iphone has absolutely nothing going for it.

Yeah right, PocketPCs have been having more functions than the iPhone for several years now, Blackberry and Palm even better, but they are dying... sales have been constantly dropping year after year before the release of the first iPhone. Why? Easy, software is uninteresting, boring, unpractical. In a word unusable.

Just look at the same sales after the launch of the iPhone3G. Almost ALL improved a lot. It's that maybe because everyone has been trying to copy the iPhone usability, improving on their boring UIs? ALL customers have to gain from this, independently of which platform each one likes.

Good Hardware without good software is as useful as a BAD Hardware without good software. You see, software IS ESSENTIAL.

Archos better start do the same, specially regarding the amount of BUGS still on gen 6 and the promised but missing functions.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:37 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I have had 3 different Archos's and still use 2 of them the third an A7 was sent back as it just didn't do what it was suposed to do. It locked up almost everytime I accessed the internet. Displayed PDF's at so slow as to make them almost useless.Wouldn't display movies on Youtube and other sites like it. Couldn't play a lot of movie files I can play on my 704. Has problem outputting through the DVR station to the TV. Recordings through the DVR station were worse than 704 and almost as bad as my old VHS movies, plus many more faults. Quality of screen was not as good as the 704.

If archos took the time to sort out probelms before they released their latest products (A5 A7) instead of getting the customer to do product testing then they could have had a good product but they didn't. They just don't seem to care about the customer just about making money.

I hope that with the release of the Android platform that the new Archos's perform as they should because if they don't and someone makes a IMT using the new Nvidia ION platform then it will be goodbye to Archos for a lot of people.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:03 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

It will only be as good as the quality of Archos' testing and a willingness to accept fewer defects at market. The old saying: "You get out of it what you put into it".

I have a Motion Computing LE1700 tablet PC with Intel duo-core 1.5GHz, wide-viewing-angle anti-glare LCD, incredible SigmaTel sound, 3GB RAM, 120GB HDD, Vista Business. Full fledged PC. No waiting for firmware updates to get the latest flash.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:21 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Archos5Fan wrote:
I have a Motion Computing LE1700 tablet PC with Intel duo-core 1.5GHz, wide-viewing-angle anti-glare LCD, incredible SigmaTel sound, 3GB RAM, 120GB HDD, Vista Business. Full fledged PC. No waiting for firmware updates to get the latest flash.

$1200+ and Adobe is the one making flash available or not on platforms.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:47 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Just indicating what's out there. Some of these intended-for-professional-market tablets are quite impressive (and quite expensive) and something I hope Archos aims for when making their tablet. New LE1700 can go for upwards of $2500 when everything is taken into account. I bought mine surplus for *significantly* less.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:43 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

lets face it Archos is better than Ipod products , but given the Archos hardware they have the capability and potential to be MUCH BETTER!! , but this isn't fully utilized instead they release non essential firmware updates to make it seem like big progress is being done , this product was released in a beta phase with many missing plugins that was promised , in other words I definitely won't be rushing out an order for an Archos android upon its release unless Archos proves me wrong , which is very unlikely

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:36 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

i actully agree alot with charbax, before i thought that charbax was just a fanboy but what he says is really true, but when you really lissen to him you see that it is all true, but you need to know about computer software and programming to understand him.

even though i have bought 3 different archos 5 and never had a simple issue, never ever.

but the thing is that most apple products simplyy just read text, and if you have noticed, archos 5 only restart when you are opening java involved websites. which by the way, i have never had that happening to me.

even firefox crashes when opening java websites........

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:17 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

java or javascript?

if they open up the os with the switch to android it would get a lot more customers and fix a lot more problems!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:05 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

For my 2 cents on the OP, it all depends on whether or not Archos has to reprogram Android to work on the device. If so we are all screwed. If Android works throughout systems enough with little of no change needed. Then I would say no it wouldn't have the same problems.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2