Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:03 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:19 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Linux is a VERY GOOD OS and despite that Archos managed to screw up the Archos 5 software right from the begining. Archos hasn't solved most A5 problems by now and it probably never will.

Again, Google Android has the potential to be a great mobile OS in the future, and I believe it will, but what about Archos implementation of Android for it's devices? Archos always makes closed User Interfaces that hide the underlying OS, so Archos Android will probably be the same.

Given that Archos will give Android OS the same level of transformation it did on Linux OS, can we really expect a marvel from Archos Android?

I, for one, won't buy it because I'm pissed at Archos because of Archos 5. And because I don't trust Archos. They don't care about their customers.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:34 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I guess we'll have to wait until the actual unit has come into the hands of people who are in a position to know whether Archos has made a good job of implementing Android, or not.

That they _can_ make a good job of it, I have no doubt. Whether they _will_ depends on marketing, contractual, political, and economic considerations -- not on engineering.