Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:33 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:22 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Anyone with the 10 yet? Let's us know your experience!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:22 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

No one has a 10 yet that cares to comment? I see that Archos USA is now offering a separate 3-cell battery for the 10.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:34 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

They haven't been released yet have they ??

Not sure you'd want to run a netbook on a 3-cell battery !!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:49 pm 
Archos Staff
Archos Staff

I have one, do you want my impressions about it? :D With a 3 cell and a 6 cell.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:19 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Certainly Jaffar! Please let us know what you think. Your experience might help those who are just beginning to learn the 10 or help those debating whether or not to purchase the 10. If you can compare the 10 to other netbooks (in general terms) that would be great. I have a Motion Computing M1400 tablet PC (kind of old) but I really like it, it has an Intel 1.1GHz ULVP, it runs Vista fairly smoothly (believe it or not), has a wide viewing angle screen (any angle), about 4 hours battery life, a 250GB HDD, and 2GB DDR RAM, and a magnesium case. I have done some upgrades to the M1400 trying to keep it somewhat up to date. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jaffar wrote:
I have one, do you want my impressions about it? :D With a 3 cell and a 6 cell.

I guess one question might be how does it perform in terms of battery life on the 6-cell compared to Samsung NC10 and other 6-cell miniPCs, and if there is some of that which can be optimized using some software power management software similar to whatever power management task bar icon program Samsung NC10 and others might be using to "cheat" on their claimed battery life 6-cell times. Cause perhaps you can just install the same power management software which somehow auto-dims the backlight, auto slows down the processor and auto turns off components or whatever is the point of those power management softwares. And if those power management softwares that optimize battery life are available freely for both Windows XP and Ubuntu or if they are proprietary to Samsung and others.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:35 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Please do. Things such as time to finish booting, time to load certain pages (like cnn.com). These things can vary depending upon configuration but just a general idea. Screen viewing angles, any strange internal noises from the headphone jack when listening to music?

Does anyone know if Archos allows for the upgrading of the harddrive? Is the harddrive a SATA or ZIF-type? Is the the drive 1.8" or 2.5"? Thank you!