Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:26 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello There,

I haven't posted in a while, but recently, after 4 years of excellent service, the hard drive on my Archos 7 Internet Media Tablet 160GB Model no: 6700 has packed in :cry: . I have both emailed and called the Archos customer support service and have been told that they cannot help me as my device in their eyes is obsolete and so I am basically stuffed. I had over 30 hours of recorded video from TV on it that I wanted to keep, but, its not the end of the world as everything repeats eventually.

I haven't used it for internet use for a long time, but that side of it doesn't bother me. I loved the recording facility it used through its DVR station so I could record programmes I wanted to keep, and then edit them on the device without having to record to a DVD recorder, then transfer to computer and then convert to the right format (which is a time consuming bore frankly) before storing them on an external hard drive for watching on my up to date tablets while on holiday or on the train,etc.
What I need is a new hard drive of a similar memory size and some way to find and put on it the original software with all the plug-ins I had for it. I am not Tech Savvy, so any ideas who might be able to help such as an electronic store or repair company. I live in the UK so it would be preferable if anyone new of a place in England that could help.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a modern device that has the DVR functionality of the Archos 7?

I hope you can help. Thank-you for reading my post :D