Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:48 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: New Archos 7
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:54 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

My wife bought me a new Archos 7 from QVC for my birthday...
Had it for 4 weeks & bought the DVR Docking Station & HDMI Mini Dock...
The unit regularly freezes (locks up) and when I record from SKY the video & audio are out-of-sync...
All firmware is latest versions...
Any advice??
Regards,
Harry

Post subject: Re: New Archos 7
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:06 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Return it as soon as possible. The Archos is my biggest electronic regret ever.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:06 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

harry wrote:
My wife bought me a new Archos 7 from QVC for my birthday...
The unit regularly freezes (locks up) and when I record from SKY the video & audio are out-of-sync...
Any advice??
Regards,
Harry

Have you played with the different recording settings? (i.e. change the bitrate, screen size, etc.?) I don't have the docking station for the 7 but I do have the 605 with the dock and I have not experienced that behavior.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:54 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

[quote="eagle1"][quote="harry"]My wife bought me a new Archos 7 from QVC for my birthday...
Any advice??
Regards,

There's an issue with the Archos 7/DVR Docking station when you have the TV output set to HDMI and attempt to record. It introduces the out-of-sync issue you describe. So when you want to record, set the TV Out to something else first, eg composite. The audio and video will then record in sync. Once your recording is complete, set TV Out back to HDMI.

Bit of a faff but a simple solution. And in response to an ill informed comment further down this thread, I've got an Archos 605 WiFi and an Archos 7. They are without doubt the best gadget's I've ever bought.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:33 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Mackem wrote:
Bit of a faff but a simple solution. And in response to an ill informed comment further down this thread, I've got an Archos 605 WiFi and an Archos 7. They are without doubt the best gadget's I've ever bought.

Have those same units and I agree completely!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I just managed to get an Archos 7 and Gen 6 DVR from Amazon in UK as my 705 HDD keeps throwing 102 errors. I copied my existing movies fine but when I try to record the remote does nothing, the RGB connection on the DVR does nothing (annoying as the Sky HD 1TB box has no SVideo) and the recordings (both as you record and on replay) are out of sync. I have switched output modes, reset everything back to factory, updated software and done everything I can think of but they are still out of sync. (better than when I first started but still picture noticably ahead. I suspected a DVR fault but I see many comments about sync on the 5 and 7 on the internet. Before I contact Archos and send it to them asking them to put it right, are there any other suggestions? Hope someone is reading this forum still... :(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:34 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

This is late in the day (2 years) but for anyone trawling the web looking for a solution for an Archos 7 or an Archos 48IT that records out of sync using the DVR, read on.
For both units, make sure the output is not configured to HDMI. For Archos 7 use the pin reset hole to shut down and then insert on DVR, it will boot up on the DVR, go straight to DVR recorder and it will record in sync. If you play or do anything in the interim it will probably lose sync. Note I have been doing this for over a year and the pin reset is now very difficult to use but it works. The 48IT is easier. Full reset on unit then mount the unit on the DVR, press the power off button and select power off option, then press reboot option. Leave on DVR and it will boot up on DVR. select later on TV display and then go straight to record. It can do several recordings without losing sync but to be safe reboot between each recording. This unit can get very hot and produce corrupt indexes as a result so I have a fan blowing on it when recording long things in warm weather. Other glitch I notice is when warm both units can record when warm in a way that causes some AVI players such as VLC to freeze for a split second. I have found keeping recorder cool to be solution for this particularly if I am doing a marathon record (10 or 12 episodes of a series in one session). =D>