Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:44 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:19 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

USA link: http://www.archos.com/support/support_t ... lang_temp=

Seems to resolve, some, if not all, ArcLib issues with songs not being catalogued, so even if you're not using Hi-Def, it seems to be a worthwhile update.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:31 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

thanks for the heads up and i see the hi-def plugin is finally available to download/buy :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:15 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am afraid Arclib still looks broken for me.

The problem may be that I have quite a bit of music - my 320GB Archos 7 is completely full.

Even after upgrading to the 1.6.0.3 version of the firmware, Arclib only recognizes around 37K of the 64K music titles, only about 5600 of the 7000+ artists, etc.

I've reset the library and then reformated the disk and recopied the music - but I still can't get all of my music recognized...

Has anyone else run into this problem? Anyone else with a very large music library that is handled correctly by arclib?

Cheers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:32 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

This thread might help: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=22325

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:11 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ekaf wrote:
I am afraid Arclib still looks broken for me.

The problem may be that I have quite a bit of music - my 320GB Archos 7 is completely full.

Even after upgrading to the 1.6.0.3 version of the firmware, Arclib only recognizes around 37K of the 64K music titles, only about 5600 of the 7000+ artists, etc.

I've reset the library and then reformated the disk and recopied the music - but I still can't get all of my music recognized...

Has anyone else run into this problem? Anyone else with a very large music library that is handled correctly by arclib?

Cheers.

I have double checked all my albums , I dont have this problem , only no album art :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:45 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Before I upgraded to v1.6.53 I could connect to my home computers from the Archos 7 and browse the various hard drives, copy or stream videos and other files to the Archos 7. Now I can see the drives but when I open them, Archos displays that they are empty. Has anyone else had this experience? When I e-mailed customer service they suggested I flash the firmware again which I did with no success. Then they said it was an issue for the engineers. I have had silence since then from customer service.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

The Hi-def is almost worthless. it uses parameters that forbid it from playing any format you would use normally (divx-hd) keep gettin "file too large errors". I was going to port my videos to a larger screen. but you just cant. I guess they really expect you to down convert and watch them on a 7" screen... kinda pointless.. not much benefit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:04 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

As the release of 1.6.03 firmware is old news could you please unstick this topic? I personally find it very confusing to have this topic announcing this firmware release on the top of the topic list

Marc