Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:34 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:57 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Greetings all,
I have an old Archos 5 IMT that I suspect the hard drive is starting to die on (I keep getting "FAT is corrupted" but if I unplug the power/USB cable and power it off, the power it back on, it seems to come up, but I don't want to keep chancing it). I would like to replace the drive before it dies, so I was going to do the downgrade then patch the firmware/bootloader using these instructionshttps://sites.google.com/site/archos5imt/downgrade, but I can't seem to get it running. First thing, I can't seem to get the Archos into recovery mode, I think due to the battery being too bad (it won't hold a charge more than a couple minutes, which is why I always have it plugged in). When I have it plugged in normally, I can get this:

[[email protected] ~]# fdisk -l /dev/sdc

Disk /dev/sdc: 249.7 GB, 249727726080 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 30361 cylinders, total 487749465 sectors
Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x00000000

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sdc1 63 487749464 243874701 c W95 FAT32 (LBA)
[[email protected] ~]#

but when I try to do the mount -t ext3 -o offset=124863846912 /dev/sdc /media/temp I get an error saying there is a wrong fstype, bad option, or bad superblock on /dev/loop0

Is that because I didn't do the recovery? Any help would be appreciated before this dies completely, I use it as my music for my commute everyday, and will be going on vacation soon, so would like to have it then, too..

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

UPDATE: I was about to get into the recovery mode, then finally mount the hidden partition, but it seems to be mounting it read-only, as when I try to copy the files, I get an error. I am logged in as root on the host machine, so should not have any issues there..