Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:42 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:44 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi.

I have an Archos 5, 250 GB, that suddenly stopped connecting to Windows Media Player. I plug in my Archos as usual, and get the McAfee window that says Removable Media Detected that asks if I want to scan. I had been saying no but this time I let it scan. It said it had found adware so I deleted it. Right after that my problem started. I jiggled the USB cord and nothing changed. I tried different USB ports but that didn't help either.

I can get on my Archos by going to the Start icon on my desktop>Computer>Archos and click on music and can see all my CDs on it. I get to the part in WMP where it says to drag items to create a sync list but it say I have to connect a device first. My Archos is plugged in and I wait for it to show up, showing how much space I have left on it and all, like it did before, but it never does.

I did notice that when I plugged in my Archos into my desktop and the speakers are on, it would make the pre-recorded sound it does when you plug something in the USB port, a low note followed by a high note. Now when I plug it in, I hear the low note then the high note, but then the two low notes again, which I've never heard it do before. When I disconnect it, it makes the high note sound, then the low note sound, like it's supposed to.

What can I do to fix my player? Thanks for any help.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:06 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I solved the problem. My Windows Media Player program needed fixing. I used the Fixit program and that fixed it.