Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:20 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:36 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi.
I recently bought a used Archos 5 250GB player to replace my Zune MP3 players that I read are being discontinued. I have a huge library of CDs that I used Windows Media Player on my desktop to sync into the Archos with and they all synced OK except for a few. The few that won't sync always start OK and then jam at 10% for some reason. I tried my laptop with Windows Media Player and the same thing happens on it. They jam at 10%.

I don't understand why hundreds of CDs loaded OK and these few keep jamming at !0%? I'd really like to get my whole collection on the Archos if I can and am wondering where the problem is? I still have time to get a refund but don't know if the problem is the player or something else. WMP on both computers are up to date and the player is up to date too.

Thanks for any help.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:32 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

If it occurs on multiple machines, it's one of 2 things: the CDs are messed up (like scratched and stuff, try cleaning it well (see here:
Code:
 http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Scratched-CD
and try to sync again. The other thing (much less likely) is that on both computers you have a faulty CD drive. I'm willing to bet on the first one, so please try to clean the discs and rip to hard drive first. If that works, then I see no reason why it wouldn't work to transfer to the Archos (also make sure you're not out of space on the Archos ... 250 GB does fill up quite fast with FLAC/lossless)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:19 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

OK. Thanks.