Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:26 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:24 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

look it was adobe that has put out flash 10 not archos they are working withe adobe on this and new software will becomeing out this spring or the first part of the year

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:50 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

try also http://www.youtube.com/xl[/quote]

Nice... I've been stuck resurrecting/rebuilding my A5A for a couple days now and have been hunting for solution(s) to the Hulu issue. Maybe, the issue can be dealt with in the "XL" way from Hulu (rather than waiting for Adobe to do something about it). Still, as I'm not a programmer or coder, I'm at the mercy and whim of the skills of others.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:52 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

dogsareout wrote:
look it was adobe that has put out flash 10 not archos they are working withe adobe on this and new software will becomeing out this spring or the first part of the year

We are now into Mid-March.
I had my Archos 7 for Xmas as i wanted to play You tube, BBC-Iplayer, Channel4 and ITV equivalent as well as the Internet Channels/sites on my TV via the replicator (which i also rushed out and bought), as well as being able to play Films and contect on my Lovely Shiney New Archos 7.
So far i have found none of the above work, although BBC iplayer have enabled a way of downloading via a PC to the Archos, so feel pretty ripped off to be honest.

Also, why cant we use Orange/T-Mobile/Vodafone etc mobile Broadband on the 7? Its possible on the 5? so another backward step? especially as mobile internet is now so much cheaper than it was? Surely again via the replicator or snapon with USB Connection, the facility to intall required software from the Dongle should be allowed?

I would be happy with the Flash 10 problem being sorted, and not having the mobile internet for now, or Mobile Broadband and Not the Flash 10 for now... but to not have either, and loads of broken promises about Q1 in 2010, and Spring etc etc I am wondering if enough of us are ready to take legal action, through misleading sales gumph, and broken promises?

Lets be honest, Its not ALL Adobes fault, yes they have released a new version, but Archos is a big name and should NOT be selling a product not fit for purpose, they should have the muscle to insist Adobe release an upgrade. Thats an issue between Archos and Adobe, not us and Adobe. Archos supplied a product that does not do what it says on the tin... It needs sorting out

Rant over :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:59 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

totallytel wrote:
Lets be honest, Its not ALL Adobes fault, yes they have released a new version, but Archos is a big name and should NOT be selling a product not fit for purpose, they should have the muscle to insist Adobe release an upgrade. Thats an issue between Archos and Adobe, not us and Adobe. Archos supplied a product that does not do what it says on the tin... It needs sorting out

Actually, when Archos released the A7, Flash 10 wasn't out yet, and everyone was using Flash 9, so *most* everything worked. There were still the few sites that 9lite didn't work on, but it was pretty limited. Since ADOBE hasn't released a new version that is compatible with older players yet, Archos can't release an update for it.

So, yes, it is an issue between Adobe and Archos, but there are alot more companies out there that are in the same boat with their older devices not being able to play web videos because Flash 10 mobile isn't released yet.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:17 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Do we know if Archos is *committed* to providing a Flash 10 update for the 5?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:48 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

With them phasing out the 5 and 7's, I would say no they are not commited. Maybe with enough support from the community, we could make it happen?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:19 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Is Flash 10 not used on the Android devices? I can't see it not being used. It still accesses the internet, and watches video on youtube. Do the 5IT users have this same problem?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:45 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Location: Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women
my02vr6 wrote:
Is Flash 10 not used on the Android devices? I can't see it not being used. It still accesses the internet, and watches video on youtube. Do the 5IT users have this same problem?

http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=31067

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:04 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello, i have been very annoyed with the fact that Youtube is'nt working, but may have found a solution. There is a new thing called 'html 5', which apparently if everyone changes there website to this, it will blow flash away.

Anyway, Youtube works exactly the same and ALL videos work on the Archos 5. All you need to do it go too http://www.youtube.com/html5 and click 'let me try beta version'. Thats it! And all youtube videos look exactly the same.

Try it out - Laike

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:36 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Supported Browsers
Right now we support browsers that support both the video tag in HTML5 and the h.264 video codec. These include:
Google Chrome
Apple Safari (version 4+)
Microsoft Internet Explorer with Google Chrome Frame installed

I don't see Opera in there...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:20 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have found a way to play the videos of you tube again on my archos 5. The link seems to be in the option to embed the video in a page. It looks like this:

http://www.youtube.com/v/XPvwvYZFhNU

Change the video part after v/ and you will get the option to play as before. i only tried the full screen version.

I know that this is not the prefered way but maybe some smarter people will find a solution based on this. Would a widget be an option.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:40 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

MrCthulhu wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:19 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I tried the XL site aswell. It works for 1 video and then not anymore for the next one. I have to exit and come back. The mobile site does not work properly either as ones the tream starts the machine reboots. Any others that have these issues aswell or not ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:32 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Is there any news on Flash 10 for the Archos 5?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:32 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Location: Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women
Toxicity3440 wrote:
Is there any news on Flash 10 for the Archos 5?

As forum poster "nz" is on the Archos payroll, I'm guessing if anyone would know, or be able to find out, it would be him. And he has been very silent on the subject, if my recollections are correct. I'm thinking we may never see Flash 10 on the A5/7.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:09 am 
Archos User
Archos User

forget about flash 10.1 for archos 5, it's over. I even doubt they put flash on A5 IT android. There are a few months away that the 8th genration archos 5 will be out and i believe it will have flash 10.1 by year end.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:33 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Agreed with all on the frustration of no Flash on a device that advertises Flash support, and being pushed to buy new hardware prematurely just to fulfill a companies profit margins is not my idea of good customer relations. I would hate to throw away my perfectly good Archos 5.

As with previous posts, I agree Flash 10 on older products is dead. Archos will not be doing updates and rather focus on new products.

Last observation, although don't own any Apple products I can see why Apple won't play nice with Adobe. Being handcuffed to a 3rd party supplier who can't deliver is not good business. Rather to not offer a feature, then partially deliver it, and take it away.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:45 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

stormward wrote:
Agreed with all on the frustration of no Flash on a device that advertises Flash support, and being pushed to buy new hardware prematurely just to fulfill a companies profit margins is not my idea of good customer relations. I would hate to throw away my perfectly good Archos 5.

As with previous posts, I agree Flash 10 on older products is dead. Archos will not be doing updates and rather focus on new products.

Last observation, although don't own any Apple products I can see why Apple won't play nice with Adobe. Being handcuffed to a 3rd party supplier who can't deliver is not good business. Rather to not offer a feature, then partially deliver it, and take it away.

God Bless capitalism m8

that sh**s never gonna change.

Time to upgrade! :p

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:29 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Does Flash 10 refer to the player module/thumbnails/comments, etc YouTube uses around the video, or the file format of the video itself?

Around the time YT started using H.264 Flash video (around 2/09 according to Wikipedia), I noticed my playback starting to get somewhat choppy (2GHz celeron laptop). Upon learning of the format switch and reading about the increased CPU demands imposed by H.264, I tried coding my YouTube uploads as H.263 Flash video, and YouTube seems to accept them without a lengthy conversion wait (i.e. it says that it's "going live" almost immediately after uploading). When I re-downloaded my videos and examined them with a video file analyzer, they were reported as H.263 rather than H.264/AVC.

But I never bought the web browser plugin on my 605 so I never got to see if they'd play back on it via YouTube.

---PCJ

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

thought I would post this, These use a lite version of flash for the Opera browser. Anyway here's hoping, I read somewhere that Apple convinced youtude to switch flash version to make it compatible for Iphones, so we can blame Apple.

Currently, Flash 9 is the only flash player available on the unit. We are waiting
for Adobe to release the software for Flash 10 to us, and as soon as it is
available an update will be published. There is no way to upgrade the flash player
until this update is made available. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,
Andrew H
Archos Technical Support

05/07/2010 10:00 - [email protected] wrote: