Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:44 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:34 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I have a 7, but seeing as this forum gets more traffic than mine, I'm posting this here. Ther practically the same anyway...

I just found this with a quick search for it: Flash 10

Anybody heard anything new about it? Looks like they were a little behind...

I just read this. Looks like its out, but not fully released yet.

Adobe wrote:
When is Flash Player 10.1 expected to be generally available?
General availability is expected for the first half of 2010.

This should quiet a few folks that keep questioning why Youtube and other video sites aren't working anymore and why Archos isn't releasing an update yet.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:13 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Its very unlikely that flash 10 will be available for the archos 7 or 5 imt.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:46 am 
Archos User
Archos User

i almost think they have to. isnt "watch youtube vids" plastered all over the box/website/archos vids/reviews for the 5? a new buyer will be pissed if youtube vids dont work. mabye even false advertising

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think it is likely that Archos will add Flash 10.1 to the old generations as possible as well. Especially if Adobe designs it so that it is relatively easy to just pull out the old Flash Lite and put in the new one. Making interoperability easy is the job of Adobe and I would expect that Adobe is working on this.

So I would expect it to actually be easy for Archos to update Flash.

No guarantees though.

Anyways, complaining about no Flash 10.1 support at the moment is simply misguided because no product in the world has that support until Adobe releases it in the next few months.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:55 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

granted. it would still be nice if archos made a formal 'we know about flash not working and once the update is released we will look in to implementing it for you guys' type message on their site for all those non-hardcores who dont view forums, ya know

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:31 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

varunaX wrote:
granted. it would still be nice if archos made a formal 'we know about flash not working and once the update is released we will look in to implementing it for you guys' type message on their site [...]

If they do this, they'll look pussy. They're more like saying "We don't give a ***t" in a polite way.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:28 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Location: Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women
soviet123 wrote:
If they do this, they'll look pussy.

Well, they ARE French. :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:49 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

yes, amen to that. I am not itching to get that F10 up and running so much as F9 .
All the hulu, etc sites I would love to use are built with a F version my 605 will not play.
It seems that everyone is finding a "way around " this issue, yet have had this thing for 6 months and still have not watched one tv show or movie on it!

I went to HULU
tv okay, tv shack, tv duck, the network sites to catch NBC programs online -
and since none them allow you to **DL the program you are up to the mercy of whatever F version the developers chose to use for the streaming video. A bit frustrated, that this is such a snag for me, but somehow others are watching "WEEDS" on a plane with their archos605.
**jealous**

*which would be like 9 hours on a WiFi connection -dedicated to the archos.)
*er, uh MY wifi connection. Which is solely for me, I live alone, and the network is secure.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:20 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

sydforsan wrote:
but somehow others are watching "WEEDS" on a plane with their archos605.
**jealous**

That's because they either downloaded it from the internet, recorded it from TV, or ripped it from a DVD copy that they bought. Not because they found a way around the F9/10 problem.

I only posted this thread because I got tired of people complaining about Archos not updating their FW when it's out of their hands, and nobody listening to Charbax because they don't like him or whatever.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:36 am 
Archos User
Archos User

This sucks! I cant even check my online Wachovia bank account anymore!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:19 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

i got an A5 last week, does anyone know why it will play some Youtube videos and not others (get the yellow flash 9 sign)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:11 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

As I said above, Adobe has not released mobile support for Flash 10 yet, so as Youtube upgrades their system to Flash 10, some videos will still be in F9 while all the new ones are in F10.

An easy fix for some people has been to open the video in a new window. That seems to work most of the time.

Hope that answers your question.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:58 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

my02vr6 wrote:
As I said above, Adobe has not released mobile support for Flash 10 yet, so as Youtube upgrades their system to Flash 10, some videos will still be in F9 while all the new ones are in F10.

An easy fix for some people has been to open the video in a new window. That seems to work most of the time.

Cheers my02vr6

Opening it in another windows works a treat, top tip

Thanks again

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:30 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Update from nz, Archos staff member:
nz wrote:
<<Archos Staff member
There are no games being played, we would love you to be able to play all videos on the internet. But, for youtube and many other video sites our hands are bound at the moment. Youtube decided to switch to Flash10 for its Flash player and this Flash 10 is not available for any platform other than X86 at the moment. Adobe has promised Flash 10 for ARM since a long time and at the moment it is said to be there in Q1 2010...

Why it still plays when you do "open in new window" I cannot say, we will analyze that.

There is another way to watch youtube videos which is via http://www.youtube.com/xl
this "xl" website has been done for e.g. internet enabled TVs and therefore still uses an older and compatible Flash version.

Also we do not meddle with the content of the webpage at all, but you have to understand that at the moment the full youtube experience can only be had on x86 PC and Flash 10. As said we would love to change that...

Hope that answers some questions.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:54 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

my02vr6 wrote:
nz wrote:
<<Archos Staff member
There are no games being played, we would love you to be able to play all videos on the internet. But, for youtube and many other video sites our hands are bound at the moment. Youtube decided to switch to Flash10 for its Flash player and this Flash 10 is not available for any platform other than X86 at the moment. Adobe has promised Flash 10 for ARM since a long time and at the moment it is said to be there in Q1 2010...

quote]

Cheers, fingers crossed :o

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:34 pm 
Archos Staff
Archos Staff

siddys wrote:
my02vr6 wrote:

Cheers my02vr6

Opening it in another windows works a treat, top tip

Thanks again

try also http://www.youtube.com/xl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:31 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I've just starting use my Archos 5, but no of the youtube videos will play, because it need flash player 10. Will Archos do flash player 10 available for Archos 5?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:27 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

CS93 wrote:
I've just starting use my Archos 5, but no of the youtube videos will play, because it need flash player 10. Will Archos do flash player 10 available for Archos 5?

siddys wrote:
my02vr6 wrote:
nz wrote:
<<Archos Staff member

quote]

Cheers, fingers crossed :o

Look up one post. ;)

Hopefully this update comes soon. I have a bunch of flash10 apps that are incompatible...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:46 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Apparently, the Palm Pre is getting an update next month that includes Flash 10 support

http://www.precentral.net/webos-14-coming-february-built-flash-video-etc

So I imagine we might have it next month? Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:22 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

If I remember reading correctly, the Pre is the first mobile device to get the FULL flash version, it won't be mobile flash :(